Reward motivation ideas??

Options
dbhDeb
dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
best motivation goals? I find rewarding myself in small ways makes me stick to my goals in weight loss and other areas. Ideas beyond spa, nail, book -- I am looking for inexpensive ideas.

Thanks!

Replies

• cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Kitchen gadgets: a spiral slicer, new knives, tupperware, etc. Headphones, kettlebell, iTunes, running socks, head bands for working out, new workout tops (or bottoms! Lol), silk pillow case, water bottle, race entry or fun new fitness activity (near me, we have zip lines, obstacle courses, a climbing wall... but they're more expensive than what I'd pay on a regular basis)
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love these ideas!!!
  • loral15
    loral15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A couple of inexpensive ideas on my list: new workout music, charm for my charm bracelet (Hallmark store cheapie ;), adult coloring book, magazine, give myself a facial, flowers. I like the idea of a money jar, I'm going to start that one myself!
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Love the money jar, that's a great idea.

I would find the following motivating: a new nail polish, a drink at the bar with DH and without the kid (he, he), a new magazine, a high quality cheese or chocolate (for a responsible, budgeted snack), flowers, stationery. I have a slight addiction to stationery.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    As if moving a step closer to your ultimate goal isn't reward enough?
  • mboyerxx
    mboyerxx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A new piece of workout gear/clothing is my favorite!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a few $$ for a trip to the thrift store!
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    For me the reward needs to be something that I really want and I'm not allowed to have it until I earn it. If I don't care when I get it next...it doesn't help me stay motivated. So sometimes little things that I usually have are great things to remove from life so that I have to earn them.

For example an amazing book that I can only listen to while walking. Or a scrapbook book day where my husband has the kids.