Little help please

Options
Hi everyone

I have gone up and down over the last 15 years with my weight pretty dramatically ranging from a low of 170 when I was 26 to a high of maybe 280 when I was 22 (not sure as I never weighed myself then).

More recently I have been consistently good with my diet. I have been on the ketogenic diet and better about keeping it in a range, but still put on weight if I am not that strict about it or have major life changes rapidly.

In any case, I am back up to 230. My knee was injured over the winter so my running dropped to zero. I am doing an IF of 20/4 lately. I plan to get my strict about the diet and tracking my macros. I also plan to start running/riding again and maybe hitting the weights. I just do not have the motivation at the moment to get started.

Thanks for reading and being a great community.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    If you don't have motivation to start a keto or IF diet, then why not just eat what you eat now but less of it. It's a good start.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Is there a question in there?

Anyway, you don't need to exercise, or eat any particular diet, or follow any particular eating pattern to lose weight. You lose weight by consistently eating less than you burn.
  • jfmorrison
    jfmorrison Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If you don't have motivation to start a keto or IF diet, then why not just eat what you eat now but less of it. It's a good start.

I am doing keto and IF now. Just need motivation to get started being more strict and exercising more.
  • jfmorrison
    jfmorrison Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Is there a question in there?

Anyway, you don't need to exercise, or eat any particular diet, or follow any particular eating pattern to lose weight. You lose weight by consistently eating less than you burn.

No question. Just looking for some motivation.