Setting goals - does a watched pot EVER boil?

Options
hookilau
hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
So, yesterday, I hit my halfway mark & lost 20#'s and decreased my BF % by about 5%. To celebrate, I went to the beach for the first time in something like 5 years.:blushing:

I'm trying to decide how to go about losing the next 10 or 20#'s or 28% BF. Thankfully, I've found a method that works for my body when nothing else would in the last 15 yrs. It was due to a medical condition that I was able to manage and waLLAH...the weight came off, 1-2#'s at a time since diagnosis in April.

The first 20#'s was an added bonus as it just happened once I was able to manage my condition, so I never set a goal, not really believing this was why I couldn't lose weight for the last bajillion years. But there it is. :huh: Anyhow...

How do you set a goal for your weight loss?....The last 3 pounds fell off in 1 wk (an anomaly, historically I'd lose 1-2#'s every 10 days or so) I had set a goal in my head to get rid of those 3#'s but didn't count on the fact that I started to obsess about it :huh:

Without a goal, I just kinda floated along, doing my thing & was pleasantly surprised when I got on the scale, now that there's an end in sight, I find myself faced with a period of adjustment but that's another story :ohwell:

Here's my question; to make a goal or not to make a goal...which do you prefer and why?....mini goals don't work for me, as I imagine in my mind seeing the next lower number on the scale & arrive there in my head before I do physically. So when I do arrive there physically, it's kind of anti-climactic :laugh: and motivation gives way to dragging feet, bad posture and sloped shoulders :tongue: