Lean cuisine frozen meal question

Options
2»

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Anyone lost a lot of weight eating lean cuisines 2-3 times a day?

You realize what makes you gain weight right?
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I have. I love lean cuisine. But you'll probably need to eat more than that. Fit what you want for lean cuisines into your meals, check your nutrition tab, and fill in the gaps with other foods to meet your calorie goal.

I do this with Nutrisystem.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've found the Santa Fe rice and beans to be the Cadillac of Lean Cuisine dinners. You can definitely lose weight eating LCs 2-3 times a day if you're of a mind to do that, original poster. If that works for you and your life, why not. I'd probably need more food than just that though.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The Lean Cuisine website allows you to search for lower sodium options. Although Healthy Choice does not allow you the convenience of searching for lower sodium meals, the frozen options top out at 600 mg of sodium.

Lean Cuisine suggests adding a small salad, dinner roll and a glass of milk to round out a meal. Mandy Walker from "Consumer Reports" recommends adding fruits, vegetables or yogurt to frozen meals to add calories and boost nutrition.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    If you like Mexican, take a look at the Herdez Bowl line of frozen meals. Sodium is still an issue here, but the calories are very reasonable and I think they are quite good. I grab one of these for lunch when I have not had time to prepare something.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    you want pre cooked meals then make double of things you cook from scratch and heat up your left overs another night. Make meals ahead and keep in your freezer and deforst and reheat when you are ready to eat
  • rabblescum
    rabblescum Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Kashi also makes a good microwave toxic box that is under 300 calories. Amy''s light and lean also do in a pinch. Not as salty as most Lean Cusine and taste better.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    you want pre cooked meals then make double of things you cook from scratch and heat up your left overs another night. Make meals ahead and keep in your freezer and deforst and reheat when you are ready to eat

Yes, if you want to cook from scratch you could do this.

But OP has already said she does not want to cook and is asking about frozen ready made meals.

This thread is about frozen meals, not about cooking.

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I had both a lean cuisine fried rice for lunch and a Stouffer's lasagna for dinner yesterday, along with salad and fruit +cheese to round out my meals. I did not go over on sodium. I did hit my protein goals, stayed under on carbs and sugar, and went slightly over on fat due to avocado and creamy dressing.

I like to cook and definitely don't do this every day, but some weeks are a little hectic. Frozen foods that I either buy or make myself have saved my day plenty of times.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You can always try a meal delivery service as well. Pricey in my opinion but convenient.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I just can't do frozen meals anymore. Too much sodium and I don't know about anyone else but the meat in them is always rubbery or tough. I have tried them now and then but just not worth it. I cook and freeze in single serving containers but if that's not for you then pre-made is the way to go.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Anyone lost a lot of weight eating lean cuisines 2-3 times a day?

Hi
    Personal Opinion here. Most of them are tasty enough. I do not think they are all that high in sodium TBH, The Atkins are worse. I have eaten them, When I have one for Lunch or Dinner I use 170 grams (6 ounces) of frozen Vegetables, a Apple or a couple of Clementines, a Light & Fit Yogurt and 1/3 of a head of Iceberg Lettuce. I like the lettuce plain and can happily eat it with no salad dressing.

When I am using them it is because the local Supermarket has them on sale as someone else commented, 5 for $10 + any coupons makes them affordable. The ones I select range from 200 to 300 calories per package.

BTW a close second are many of the Smart Ones when on sale, The LC are slightly better tasting however. It does depend on pricing.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Its all calories in calories out. Just check the box and be sure it fits your calories.

Frozen foods are high in sodium, so if you have a medical condition that warrants being cautious about that, then don't have too many in a day.

For what it is worth, had a friend back in college that didn't exercise, and lost 30 pounds solely by eating frozen pre-made meals.