2»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    vismal wrote: »
    Do you eat back fever calories?
    Only half... lol

To the OP, yes having a fever will increase how many calories you are burning from just sitting around. I wouldn't go with how many the fitbit says because the device isn't smart enough to know why you have a higher heart rate. All in all you probably burn less calories in a day when you have a fever because the amount burned due to the fever is probably going to be less than the amount not burned because of lower than normal activity.

Op hasn't been here since march
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Only half... lol

To the OP, yes having a fever will increase how many calories you are burning from just sitting around. I wouldn't go with how many the fitbit says because the device isn't smart enough to know why you have a higher heart rate. All in all you probably burn less calories in a day when you have a fever because the amount burned due to the fever is probably going to be less than the amount not burned because of lower than normal activity.

Op hasn't been here since march

Yep, just noticed that too.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Only half... lol

Again, you start with half but adjust over the weeks if your weight loss/gain is not to plan........

:)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Only half... lol

Again, you start with half but adjust over the weeks if your weight loss/gain is not to plan........

If you have a fever long enough to need to adjust your calories to compensate, you are likely needing a doctor! :laugh:

This thread... :huh:
    5Pointzshy wrote: »
    When calculating a patient's caloric needs in the hospital we have to take fever into account. It does require energy to produce that heat.

I've never seen a dietary order adjusted to compensate for a fever. Most fevers are short term, and the patients are rarely eating much anyway.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Only half... lol

If you have a fever long enough to need to adjust your calories to compensate, you are likely needing a doctor! :laugh:

When calculating a patient's caloric needs in the hospital we have to take fever into account. It does require energy to produce that heat.

I've never seen a dietary order adjusted to compensate for a fever. Most fevers are short term, and the patients are rarely eating much anyway.

Who needs a doctor when you have a Fitbit
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Only half... lol

Who needs a doctor when you have a Fitbit

This is true. I do tend to refer to my FitBit for all my medical concerns. It's usually right. Much to the chagrin of my doctor.