Goal: To Be Happy & Healthy! (Low Carb/High Fat + Managing PCOS Lifestyle)

Options
Hi there everyone! I'm a 24 year old female seeking to engage with others in the MFP community! I'd love to support people and would appreciate motivation from others myself!

Some numbers:
Height: 5'3
    [*] SW: 236
    [*] CW: 226
    [*] GW: 150

I don't have a deadline per se and my goal weight is really just a ballpark figure. I don't care about the scale as much as I care about treating my body right and feeling great! My main focus is to live a healthy lifestyle. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 19 years old and have been struggling with my weight ever since high school. My weight has fluctuated quite a bit throughout the past couple of years. Weighing in at 236 was a HUGE wake-up call for me. It was then (just around two weeks ago) that I decided to follow a doctor's advice and try to cut out most carbs from my diet. I've lost 10 pounds and am feeling well.

Please friend me and join me on my journey.

Replies

• kirstinethornburg
      kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
      Options
      Hi I am a 53 year old feamale. I am 5 feet 4 inches tall.
      SW 234
      CW 225
      GW 163
      My huge wake up call was in 2008 after three weeks in the Hospital with pnemonia and lung infection surgery and chest tubes to drain the fluid from my lungs and removal of part of my left lung.Fineally decided it was more then time to loose weight and get healthy started to make changes and then had to have my right knee replaced three times from 2011 to the last one being in 2014. Was diganosed with PCOS at age 30. In 2010 had to have my lip infection syrgecially drained. Since 2008 asthema has been a hassel my weight has been a life long struggle for me. 225 is better then 3 months ago but still have a long way to go to get back to 163.