Cauliflower Fried Rice.... low cal and delicious

Options
babysteps2skinny
babysteps2skinny Posts: 76 Member
https://youtu.be/rI6XXMQYboY

I have made this a few times and I love it every time!!

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I made a version this week and it was delicious.
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    I know right??? Hubby refused to even try it. Am going to make Cauliflower bread sticks next....yum hehe
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    The pic above is a video...lol I was too lazy to write down the recipe haha
  • jmh517
    jmh517 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try Cauliflower rice for a while but I'm working thru my zucchini addiction atm. Would love to hear how the bread sticks turn out.
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Can you elaborate on how to prepare it? It's the first time I heard about it, but it sounds really good.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I have heard that you can buy it at Trader joe's but we do not have one near us. I usually just eat the roasted cauliflower which I love
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Great site for tasty recipes. I make the cauliflower " fried rice" adding more peas & carrots along with a few drops of sesame oil.This recipe makes a lot!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/cauliflower-fried-rice/
  • amaraortega4
    amaraortega4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had this for breakfast today. Avocado, egg and cauliflower rice. I do a Mexican flavor play on the fried rice.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I keep it in the fridge in a bag, so I can make it quickly during the week.
  • DylsGrandma
    DylsGrandma Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow! Looks wonderful! I am watching the carbs...love this recipe!
  • babysteps2skinny
    edited June 2016
    Options
    mypi wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on how to prepare it? It's the first time I heard about it, but it sounds really good.

Sorry my phone stopped working and I didn't have access to the boards.... mypi if you click on the pic it takes you to a video...
    Many people now buy cauliflower rice but I feel as if it is fresher if you just grate it or use a chopper...if you see the video you'll see how easy it is. Let me know if you try it.
    Once you grate the cauliflower it get a rice like consistency...you can either stir fry it like in the video or even just serve it plain with any entre as a side dish. For that I would just microwave it for about 60 secs
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    Wow! Looks wonderful! I am watching the carbs...love this recipe!

I have to start watching my carbs too due to pcos....so I'm trying to figure out different ways to still enjoy my favorites... I actually just made up the no carb cheese steak and my hubby was surprised at not missing the bread lol

https://youtu.be/Ijs74-vAS8k

If you click on the pic, it takes you to a quick video showing the recipe..... do tell me what your fav recipes are.
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    I had this for breakfast today. Avocado, egg and cauliflower rice. I do a Mexican flavor play on the fried rice.

Avocado is one of my favorite things on this planet!! Hehe
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Cajun style with blackened roughy!

saute diced bell pepper, onion, celery til soft, add riced cauli & season w/ your favorite cajun seasoning.

I use a box grater or pulse small cauli chunks in my processor for the "rice".

ww0oihmqld7t.jpg
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    Cajun style with blackened roughy!

saute diced bell pepper, onion, celery til soft, add riced cauli & season w/ your favorite cajun seasoning.

ww0oihmqld7t.jpg

That looks delicious!!
  • JodehFoster
    Options
    Thanks!

Honestly, this is my absolute favorite version of cauli rice so far...my next try will be a wild rice version. Wild rice is fairly low in carbs & high in fiber, so a combo with the cauli should come out pretty low-carb per serving. Will season with fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, etc), chicken base and a squeeze of lemon. I like this paired up with pan seared veal scallopini!
  • babysteps2skinny
    Options
    I actually tried wild rice once and loved it....cooked it with a bit of chicken stock and seasoning. Your idea is awesome to mix it with a bit of cauliflower rice. I am going to make your version of rice tonight...yummy!!
    Thanks for sharing
  • JodehFoster
    Options
    Welcome!
    I use a splash of chicken stock with the cajun version after the veggies are sauted, along with a bit of butter. I don't use too much broth, just enough to steam a bit & then I cook the liquid out on high heat.

I LOVE long grain & wild rice, but long grain is too carby for me these days, I think the straight wild rice will go very well w/ the cauli. Enjoy!