One week in, frustrated, lacking motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I signed up in late January but I had a health issue and setback. I finally got serious again about 5 weeks ago. I joined the gym - and I'm truly committed to working out 5-6 days/week. So far, I've only lost 7 pounds, with some fluctuations along the way.
    1) take your measurements. I have to remind myself the scale doesn't always reflect a "loss", but I know I'm gaining muscle while losing fat. I'm going to check my measurements monthly and I personally don't weigh myself often. I completely understand about feeling defeated when there is only a small loss (or even a small gain)
    2) eat more. I don't always eat all my exercise calories back, but you can start with eating at least half back.
    3) set small goals for yourself. My current goal is to ride 75+ miles in July on the exercise bike. I'm also setting goals for myself to eat more veggies and drink more water.
    4) have patience. Its a journey.
    You CAN do this!
  • lafous
    lafous Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you all for the help and support. Tomorrow is a new day and I plan to start my day with a walk and try a few dvds I bought to up my heart rate and give me a variety. I will definitely remember to eat back the calories I burn. Every step I take is one on road to the new, healthier me :)
  • myhealthjournal
    myhealthjournal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    2 lbs is amazing! congrats! its better than nothing isnt it?
    I know its frustrating when you put in so much effort and see what you think to be little results
    but keep going and eventually you will get to where you want to be.
    it takes time.
    i have some great receipies that will keep you on track just ask and i will be more than happy to share:)