My last 25 pounds.

Options
takelya
takelya Posts: 2 Member
I joined MFP in hopes of taking charge of my diet. I have been clean eating and prepacking my food. But now I am at a standstill. I want to lose 20-30 pounds specifically fat. I am switching up my diet and will be starting a Keto do. I hope this helps me. :)

Replies

• cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What does your normal eating habits look like?
  • LaurenIrwin6
    LaurenIrwin6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, Takelya!

That's a great goal! When do you want to reach this goal? When you have a specific date in mind for weight goals, it's good to be able to see if you're on the right track to reach it or not. Losing 1-2 lbs. per week is a healthy & attainable goal.

Although, I wouldn't recommend trying a Keri diet like that of Atkins or other sorts. Reason being: these diets DO work. Your body runs on two major sources of energy: carbs and fat. But on such low carb diets, this sends your body into major stress/survival mode, so when you are eating very low carbs your body will use your fat for fuel and you will lose weight in the short term. But, whenever you begin eating carbs regularly again, your body will try to hold onto every ounce of carbohydrates it can get and will result in weight gain.

My best advice for you is to gradually reduce calories and carb intake as opposed to shocking your system and potentially causing harm.

Hope this helps! Stay fit & fabulous.