Recipes using my foods

Options
fr33sia12
fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
I'm trying to add a smoothie recipe to my food diary, but wanting to add the foods from my own foods rather than the database, is there anyway to do that?

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Yes, you have to have to choose those over others and list each ingredient separate- then save :smile:
  • fr33sia12
    Options
    How do I do that? When I click on recipes, add ingredients it lists them from the database, but doesn't show the foods I've entered myself.
  • fr33sia12
    Options
    bump
  • oneespanola
    oneespanola Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Helen, I think you need to add them separately under say breakfast, (before you add anything else) and save as a meal. Not showing your own regular foods is a right pain when creating recipes.
  • fr33sia12
    Options
    Hi Helen, I think you need to add them separately under say breakfast, (before you add anything else) and save as a meal. Not showing your own regular foods is a right pain when creating recipes.

Thanks. I just wanted to add my smoothie under drinks as one item rather than listing all the ingredients. Thought it looked better.
  • oneespanola
    oneespanola Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes I know what you mean - if you save as meal and then add to diary tomorrow does it show as one item? I've added loads of recipes so that it looks better but had to keep scanning stuff that was already in my diary cos recipes doesn't show up in database grrr!
  • fr33sia12
    Options
    Yes I know what you mean - if you save as meal and then add to diary tomorrow does it show as one item? I've added loads of recipes so that it looks better but had to keep scanning stuff that was already in my diary cos recipes doesn't show up in database grrr!

Unfortunately not, but I'll just add them separately.
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    One thing you could do is take all the ingredients and the nutrients/vitamins data and put them in a spreadsheet. Add up the values for the nutrients and vitamins. Then go to the "My Foods" tab and "Create Food". Enter all the data and leave it un-checked where it says share with others. This way it is your own private entry and no one can edit it. After that anytime you have the smoothie just go to your My Foods tab and add the item to your diary. It will be one food entry then. A little more work initially but once you have it added it is always there.
  • carcarxx94
    carcarxx94 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I always do this for ny own recipes - screen shot the added nutrition info when having put all the ingredients ( make sure only the smoothie ingredients are put in for that day and nothing else !! ) then 'create food' - eg call it 'my yummy strawberry smoothie' then enter the nutrition as you have screen shot and voila ! Next time you only have put the 'yummy strawberry smoothie' in :)