~CHEAT DAYS~

2»

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    i have date night weekly where i dont count calories and have whatever i want. if it fits, it fits, if it doesn't it doesn't. life has so many rules, i choose to not make a big deal out of this.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    edited May 2016
    My wife and I have a Bonus Meal once a week. We alternate who picks the meal/restaurant. For that one meal anything is fair game (Pizza, fried chicken, BBQ ribs, chocolate, whateva). I never have to say "I can't ever eat that again." because I save that crave for the Bonus Meal.

No take home, no dishes. One meal and done until next week!

This is quite doable as a lifestyle as there will always be Bonus situations that I don't want to miss out on. If it's just a little thing, someone at work bakes homemade chocolate chip cookies with pecans, I fit it into my calorie goal.

Do not expect exercise to compensate for over indulgent food choices.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    No I do not have cheat days I keep my carbs under 5o all the time doing low carb . I found cheat days backfire on me and make me sick. So I just simply eat healthy and lean and green all the time.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    No cheating. I eat delicious food all the time. Sometimes there are food events where I will go over my day allotment. I enjoy myself and estimate the best I can and use the calorie average for the week on the phone app to make sure I am still working toward my goals....or know the reason why I didn't lose weight that week. After all, I gained this weight (again) because I wasn't paying attention and I indulged far too often. So no cheating. I incorporate.