Started running and now I gained weight?!?!

Options
Ok, so I started running June 29th...not too long...I run every other day or every 2 days while throwing in some other work outs (Jillian Michael's Level 1) on the days I don't run. I only run/walk 3 miles or so, but before I started running I was losing at least a pound a week, now suddenly nothing...in fact I have gained a pound. I know...a pound isn't much, but I've been working so hard on my diet (35/35/30) and now suddenly I'm adding weight. Could this be from running?

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I doubt it.

You will need to open your diary for people to see.

My guess is that since you are running, you have been eating more. But that's just a guess..

ETA: It's been week, give it time.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Yes, when you start a new form of exercise you'll retain water weight while your muscles repair. Keep at it, it's the overall downward trend over time that counts, not a one-week fluctuation!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have learnt to ignore the scales for first few weeks of changing my exercise routine as I know I'll see an increase.

Most of it is due to you using different muscles and they will be taking on water to help repair them.
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone!
    I found a very helpful article about water retention when you start a new exercise program!
    I will not lose faith!