Do I look fat / like I need to lose 15 more Ibs?

Options
I need some real answers here. My boyfriend always tells me I look "perfect" and that my body is everything he wants... but I have always still felt a little fat and chubby and like I could afford to lose some more weight. I weigh 130 ib at 5'4 right now, and I am wondering If I should lose around 15 more pounds to look decent. Can someone give me an unbiased opinion on the way my body looks?

I am NOT fishing for compliments, I only want the truth. Thank you.

fbl8xrojihyc.jpg

qav5oqyr0xzo.jpg
r6fwt2ks0z1s.jpg

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You've asked this before. You look fine
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous and curvy. And I don't mean curvy as a euphemism for fat. I agree with your boyfriend.

I mean, if you really wanted to lose that 15 pounds, you could without going to skinny. But it's not necessary for health, and looks are a subjective thing. Or, you could to some recomp (eat at maintenance and do a heavy lifting program) for the same weight but a more defined look. It's all up to what you want!

By the way, you also have a great smile and beautiful face. Very stunning!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask then you're not happy with your weight so loose some and see how ya feel.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I think you look pretty and healthy, not too skinny.
    If u want to lose more then go for it but you look good in those pics!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Your boyfriends eyesight is excellent.
  • desireeharper1
    desireeharper1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think u should just get w/in ur healthy weight n c where u feel ur best. U look fine but wld also look fine a tad smaller. Its all up to where u feel ur best n r healthy.
  • imthecaptainofmyownsoul
    Options
    You're definitely gorgeous! You aren't fat by any means. If you want to lose weight? Do it for you, but don't go crazy. Don't obsess. You have a really nice figure already!
  • LorenaAlonso78
    LorenaAlonso78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Why should you care what other people think? And yes, that includes your boyfriend (although he obviously likes the way you look/are).
    This is all about what YOU thin and I strongly believe that if you don't learn how to compliment and cherish yourself it doesn't matter what your boyfriend or the world says, it will never be enough. Beauty starts from the inside.
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    is it a look you are going for? are you looking to model or does this impact your life in some important way? Id realy base it on how you feel as most important. I'm at 5'4" and about 135 now and I still feel uncomfortable. I personaly felt best at around 120. never been lower. you are obviously still uncomfortable and dont feel right about things, so mabee try dropping another 5 - and see how you feel? I dont think much lower is in a healthy BMI is it?
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Don't ask others how you should look like .. Ask yourself what you would like to see and go for it.. No ones opinion of your body should matter to you .. Not even your boyfriends
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If the question is whether you are fat, no you are not. No one would see you in the street and describe you as fat or chubby. So, since it comes to personal preference, if I were you, I would feel better after losing an extra 10-15 lbs or so. For aesthetic purposes. Someone else might feel different and even happier after gaining a bit more. When it comes to appearance, it is up to what makes you feel happy.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You are smack in the middle of BMI. You could gain or lose 15 lb and still be in the normal range. Do what makes you happy.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    No one can give you an unbiased opinion because visual reactions are subjective.

If you want to drop another 15 lbs to please yourself, do so.
    A .5 lbs a week calorie deficit combined with some resistance work, bodyweight, hand weight or barbell, may get you the body you want.

Cheers, h.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    What do YOU think? You do what you need to to be comfortable in your own skin. Don't worry about the opinions of others.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    "Do I look fat / like I need to lose 15 more Ibs?"

The truth is that you do not in any way look fat.
    Would you look better or feel better if you lost 5, 10, 15 lbs? I don't know. It is your body.
    Is 130 the lowest weight you have ever been?

I'm 5'4" and my lowest adult weight was 100lbs and my highest was 180 lbs. I felt too thin at the lower end of the healthy weight range and at my best around 125 lbs. Right now I feel I would be happy between 125-145lbs.

If you'd like to try dropping a bit aim for losing .5 lb a week and see how you feel as you go.