Fitbit questions

Options
typeitdaily
typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
Any suggestions on how to get my fitbit to pair with my phone? Also, do I record exercise in MFP, fit bit app, or how does that work?

Replies

• jmoorman83
    jmoorman83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What phone do uou have? If you are wearing your fitbit during said exercise no you don't add it anywhere let the fitbit do its thing. What fitbit do you have?
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    I have a Samsung 6s, which is supported by fitbit. I have a fitbit zip. It doesn't sync my calories burned etc. Probably because it won't pair.
  • pwoodroof
    pwoodroof Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fitbit should pair with phone when you download Fitbit app and set up device
  • pwoodroof
    pwoodroof Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I synced Fitbit with MFP when in MFP and continued recording food consumed in MFP. The food then seemed to correctly show same details in Fitbit as MFP
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If I enter exercise I enter it in MFP and MFP sends it to Fitbit.
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    jmoorman83 wrote: »

Thank you! I've tried this before I posted. I appreciate the thought.
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    pwoodroof wrote: »
    Fitbit should pair with phone when you download Fitbit app and set up device

It didn't though. It says rejected by fitbit cannot communicate with fitbit. I have installed and reinstalled fitbit to no avail and turned my phomne on and off.
  • campbell3913
    campbell3913 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You probably did this but just in case-make sure the Fitbit app is on your phone and you're signed in. I couldn't sink my Garmin without the app.

*Make sure both are well charged.
    *Try turning the Bluetooth off on your phone, wait a minute or 2 and turn it back on. And try the discover again.
    *If that doesn't work turn your phone off and back on.
    *If you have anything else that uses your phone's BT like headphones turn It off- Like headphones
    That sometimes interferes with process.

The process was annoying and took several tries.

Good Luck!
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    You probably did this but just in case-make sure the Fitbit app is on your phone and you're signed in. I couldn't sink my Garmin without the app.

*Make sure both are well charged.
    *Try turning the Bluetooth off on your phone, wait a minute or 2 and turn it back on. And try the discover again.
    *If that doesn't work turn your phone off and back on.
    *If you have anything else that uses your phone's BT like headphones turn It off- Like headphones
    That sometimes interferes with process.

The process was annoying and took several tries.

Good Luck!

Thank you and you are right, I have done those things. My phone will recognize the fitbit but when I try to pair it, it says it was rejected or couldn't communicate with the fitbit. I have tried numerous times. I appreciate your help, just frustrated. Laurie
  • EddieP50
    Options
    With Fitbit you don't pair it through the bluetooth menu on your phone. Open the Fitbit app and go to "Devices". From the click the "+" sign in the upper right corner. Click "Add a new Device". Choose your Fitbit tracker and it the app and tracker should sunc up.
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    EddieP50 wrote: »
    With Fitbit you don't pair it through the bluetooth menu on your phone. Open the Fitbit app and go to "Devices". From the click the "+" sign in the upper right corner. Click "Add a new Device". Choose your Fitbit tracker and it the app and tracker should sunc up.

Thank you! I have done that but it doesn't show my calories burned etc. In my diary on mfp. It should, shouldn't it?
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Have you connected your MFP and FitBit accounts?

Go to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30 and click Connect if you haven't already done so. This should allow your MFP and FitBit accounts to communicate.
  • campbell3913
    campbell3913 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a while for the info to flow from 1 app to the other. I have the same issue with Garmin app and this one. Its frustrating but it eventually shows up.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Fitbit user group here has loads of good info. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    Justifier wrote: »
    Have you connected your MFP and FitBit accounts?

Go to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/30 and click Connect if you haven't already done so. This should allow your MFP and FitBit accounts to communicate.

Yes, I have done that a few times. Thank you for the suggestion!
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    Fitbit user group here has loads of good info. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Thank you! It seems many people are having issues.
  • EddieP50
    Options
    I can sometimes take awhile before it sends the data to MFP. One thing I found that sometimes helps is to open my MFP and then Open the Fitbit app and sync to Charge HR again. It usually sends the data to MFP at that point.
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    Thank you! It appears to have started to work.