DVD workouts

Options
Hello my friends,

I'm looking for some ideas and recommendations for some workout DVDs.

I'm going home on holiday (currently living in the UK, will be home - Portugal - for two weeks), but I DO NOT want to stop my diet and exercise, even though I know my family won't be suportive and in fact will laugh at my "attempt" to loose weigth, as they have always done in the past - but never mind, this time, I'm determined!

I don't want to jump into Insanity or anything like that, because, even though I have much more space at home and hence I would be able to do it while on holiday, I wouldn't be able to keep up with it after coming back, since I live in a little studio and jumping around really disturbs the neighbours. I'll be moving to a bigger place end of September and THEN I'll start one of those programs ;)

For now I just want a DVD with some workouts that I can do while on holiday on top of the jogging as a subsitute to the gym sessions I am doing now.

What DVDs can you suggest? I'll be willing to buy some weights as well, if needed!

Thanks
Nat xx

Replies

• susan32958
    susan32958 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has several walking DVD's some using weights and some with exercise bands. Hope this helps!
  • CajunTexan33
    CajunTexan33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am a dvd fanatic!! I LOVE any of the beachbody dvds- the cardio workout is 20 minutes and gets your heart rate up and is FUN! (they have a longer version as well, but I just did the 20 mins after my weight workout) The total body workout was amazing..only 40 minutes and lots of combo movements that whipped my body into shape quickly! They have new versions now but i like the original best. I also so Butt Bible- great for focusing on bootie and legs and just starting Jililand 30 minute abs. :)

Best of luck!
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The total body workout was amazing..only 40 minutes and lots of combo movements that whipped my body into shape quickly!
    Best of luck!

Which DVD is this? it sounds like something I could do ;)
  • kbcara
    kbcara Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Lots of people rave about 30 day shred... I only made it 3 days though as didn't have time around my other [preferred] exercise in the evening and am SO not a morning person, but thought had potential...

I also have lots of the '10 minutes' DVDs which are often in HMV sales for fitting in around life.

Really enjoy old-fashioned Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVDs too. Maybe see if anywhere local to you [in Portugal] does pay-as-you-go classes? Helps to have other motivated/helpful people around you.

One of the key drivers to me moving house was wanting to do DVDs [with no-one living below me!].
  • naterciarodrigues58
    Options
    Lots of people rave about 30 day shred... I only made it 3 days though as didn't have time around my other [preferred] exercise in the evening and am SO not a morning person, but thought had potential...

I also have lots of the '10 minutes' DVDs which are often in HMV sales for fitting in around life.

Really enjoy old-fashioned Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVDs too. Maybe see if anywhere local to you [in Portugal] does pay-as-you-go classes? Helps to have other motivated/helpful people around you.

One of the key drivers to me moving house was wanting to do DVDs [with no-one living below me!].

I might look into the 30 day shred.

I live in the countryside, just outside of a VERY small town (too small!), don't even know if any of the two gyms EVER existent there are still open due to the crisis LOL (not really that funny, though), so I'm not counting on finding a gym there... As for motivated people, my motivation will have to suffice :P Also will be trying to get my young brother to join my workouts, I can see him taking the chalenge! :wink:

Thanks for the ideas :flowerforyou:
  • wednesdaypennington
    Options
    I have 30 day shred and it is great another one that I like is the biggest loser extreme cardio it really gets my heart rate up and gets me pumped
  • CajunTexan33
    CajunTexan33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    30 day shred was a little tooo intense for me..but I like the Beach Body system..I liked Turbo Jam
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/getting_started/turbo-jam.do
    I think you can find it cheaper on Amazon then on the main site though!
  • naterciarodrigues58
    Options
    Hmmm.... So I'm wondering... Have some questions:

1. What was it exaclty in 30DS that made you not like it?
    2. What kind of exercises does it have?
    3. Hows turbo jam different?
    4. Anyone of them more towards the resistance/cardio side of it, or quite balanced?