Anyone tried both Samsung-Galaxy and iphone ?

Options
13»

Replies

• chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    tbh, it is really a personal preference

I have a Smsung S4 and an Iphone 6

I prefer the Iphone, but take both when I go out, some people I know hate the Iphone and prefer the Samsung

go to a phone store and play with both
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I recently switched from the iPhone to S6. I love it and would never switch back
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I have had both personally and do the phone recommendations for our executive team as well. Bottom line is, NEITHER is better or worse functionally. The dissension is always about personal preference. Both make calls, take pictures, surf the Internet and work just fine in business applications. So really the best way to choose is to get a hold of each and see which is more intuitive and functional for YOU.

Anyone that tells you different in biased really.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I touched a coworkers samsung couple of days ago and I had to go for a total body cleanse ;)

Did you use an iPhone app for that?
  • jammer1963
    jammer1963 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Attar_ wrote: »
    Should I switch from Samsung-Galaxy to iphone ?
    Any advice ?

I'e had both and I prefer android to iOS. I think Apple is WAY to controlling with their phones. I like to be able to plug in my phone to my computer (which looks like a storage device then) and add or delete music, pics, whatever...easy peasy. Apple on the other hand requires you to connect through Itunes to do everything. You can't customize it like Android and that's a big downfall for me... and the Itunes thing. I want control of what I do with my phone. Its all personal preference though. My wife has a iphone and loves it because it's simple to use. I like Android because I'm a technical guy.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have a work iPhone, a personal iPhone, and an iPad--suffice it to say that I am pretty happy with Apple's technology. My last non-Apple phone was a Blackberry and that was junk. My son has an iPhone as well.

My husband has a Samsung smartphone and an iPhone for work. His contract for his personal phone is due up soon and I know for a fact that he is getting another Samsung. I don't know why he prefers it (and life would be so much easier if we were totally on Apple products), but he does. He is also not a fan of our MacBook--he plans on updating his personal laptop to a Microsoft Surface shortly too.

I think it's a highly personal preference and you might have to spend some time playing at the phone store.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Used iPhone from 2nd generation until iPhone 4. Switched from iPhone 4 to Samsung S4 Active a couple of years ago and still have it. Hubby still uses an iPhone and talks smack about my Samsung. But, I love it. And, I found the picture taking quality to be better on my Samsung than on my iPhone. And, yes, I did accidentally test the water resistant quality of the S4 Active. It was submerged in a bucket of mop water for about 30 minutes before I realized it. No problems and still going strong. An iPhone would have been shot, and replacing it would have been all on me. I'm pretty happy with my old Samsung.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have a Galaxy S6 Edge and I would never go near an Icrap if you gave me one. Android is hands down better in anyway. I phones are too proprietary and controlled by apple for everything... want to do music ?? They limit how much and who u share it with.. not android. Android has a USB a USB interface that connects to any pc..not apple...basically IPhone users are fighting over Steve Jobs table scraps...
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am a picture taker and like my Samsung Galxay s5 better than iPhone. I am getting ready to ditch Sprint in september for Consumer Cellular and they carry iPhones but not Samsung. I'd prefer to take my phone to them but Sprint phones dont work,with their network.
    I've had more glitches with my Galxy and had it switchd out twice.. Thank god i never canclled the insurance on it.
    Never had tech issues with iPhone, but still prefer my S5. Hoping that i can see about jailbreaking my phone so i can take it to a new service.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    It's interesting that a couple of you have mentioned the superior camera on the Samsungs... I know that was one of the marketing angles when they introduced the Galaxy S5, but we joke that the photos that my husband takes with his S5 were taken on a potato--they're horrible! Maybe it's the photographer and not the camera, but we've been underwhelmed--much higher photo quality on our iPhone 5/6 in our experience.
  • lsfds
    lsfds Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sony Xperia for Android. Awesome phones
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    people get so angry over phones. it's a phone. use what you like. no need to get all red faced because you want to justify your superiority for selecting Phone A over Phone B