It works!!!

Options
So...after trying numerous ways to lose weight I decided exactly 6 weeks ago to give MFP a go. I've lurked on the forums taking all the advice I could get, I bought myself a food scale + I logged everything, absolutely everything. I started at 212 lbs, I don't have the most active lifestyle but I'm trying to move more, I'm now walking 5/6 times a week + I'm up to 5k a day which is a massive improvement. Short story is I've lost 21lbs in 6 weeks, I've stuck to 1210 calories a day, yes it's restrictive but I've gotten smarter at choosing what to eat, here's to the next 6 weeks!!

Replies

• Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep it up!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about It Works Body wraps. Pleasantly surprised to find otherwise. :)
    Congrats on your weight loss!

Me too! :o

Great job!
  • crazyclayton
    crazyclayton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done hun that's fantastic, I'm doing a similar thing started two weeks ago by cutting all the munching between meals out and giving myself smaller portions and also limiting the amount of chips and bread I use and so far I have lost 12lb, for every 5-6 I lose I'm dropping my calories down by 50 I know it doesn't sound a lot but I don't want to restrict myself too much to much as I know I will fail.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work !
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP, you don't know how nice it is to read your thread after the crazyies that have been insisting that they don't need or want to count because they can just excercise more. Finally, a nice normal person that does it right and is a success. Thank you.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I'll echo the above about slowing it down a bit and not getting discouraged. Keep at it.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see this kind of post. Great job!
  • clairebeardixon
    clairebeardixon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks everyone, I'm pleased but know things will slow down but a great start is such a good motivator, just hope I can keep my head in the right place!
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This post is so refreshing. Congrats, OP, and it's wonderful that you actually read the stickies and followed the advice. I did too, and yes, it does work! Good luck on the rest of journey and keep up the good work.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    So...after trying numerous ways to lose weight I decided exactly 6 weeks ago to give MFP a go. I've lurked on the forums taking all the advice I could get, I bought myself a food scale + I logged everything, absolutely everything. I started at 212 lbs, I don't have the most active lifestyle but I'm trying to move more, I'm now walking 5/6 times a week + I'm up to 5k a day which is a massive improvement. Short story is I've lost 21lbs in 6 weeks, I've stuck to 1210 calories a day, yes it's restrictive but I've gotten smarter at choosing what to eat, here's to the next 6 weeks!!
    BAM! You're awesome! It makes me smile when someone does their research!

• KimOrley
    KimOrley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic achievement. Wouldyou share with us the kinds of things you eat to stay within your 1210? I'm doing 1200 and need some new ideas, I'm getting stuck in a rut :smile:
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You're right, it does work. And like other posters have said, your loss will slow down as you get to your goal weight. I'm almost there and the scale hasn't budged, much. A tenth of a pound here and there, but it's all good. Like you, my mind is in the right place and I think that's most of the battle.