Making gainz

Options
Started my bulk one month ago and am happy to announce that I have a gained a solid nine pounds! Only 26 more pounds to reach my goal!

Replies

• sdeidjdbeje
    sdeidjdbeje Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add surprisingly enough bf has stayed the same
  • joncooper1980
    joncooper1980 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    9 ponds in one month and no increase in bf%. That's hard to believe. How long have you been lifting? Is this your first bulk?
  • sdeidjdbeje
    Options
    Lifting off and on for the last 5-6 years and it's my first serious bulk (counting macros/measuring food)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    so you are just going to bulk until you add 35 pounds?????
  • sdeidjdbeje
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Well I mean kinda but that'll take a really long time they way I see it is I'll bulk until I start to look bad my surplus right now isn't too much over maintainence so the weight is moving up slowly and in not gaining too much fat and I'm happy with it I don't care to be shredded now anyhow I don't need a amazing body that's small why not just keep bulking until I know that when I cut I'll be quadzilla master of the f****in all mighty gainz

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Well I mean kinda but that'll take a really long time they way I see it is I'll bulk until I start to look bad my surplus right now isn't too much over maintainence so the weight is moving up slowly and in not gaining too much fat and I'm happy with it I don't care to be shredded now anyhow I don't need a amazing body that's small why not just keep bulking until I know that when I cut I'll be quadzilla master of the f****in all mighty gainz

Even with a slow bulk half your gains will be fat....
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Even if we count you as a beginner lifter (due to your inconsistent lifting) general consensus is that you'll gain around 2 pounds of lean mass per month. I have also seen some of the top trainers suggest a rate of 1-1.5% total body weight in lean mass gains per month, but that's considering someone with body fat of under 15%. You might want to keep those numbers in mind as you are gaining because the weight above and beyond that is fat.

I'm curious how you are calculating body fat.