Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

vegan diet

I need help starting a vegan diet and stay on track

Replies

• josiebanks18
    josiebanks18 Posts: 37 Member
    Hey if you need any advice or tips add me and I'd be happy to help!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    What challenges are you facing?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    I also need help with this. I'm not vegan, but want the majority of my meals to be plant based, without just being salads all the time. Any recipes you guys have tried and loved would be great.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited May 2016
    km8907 wrote: »
    I also need help with this. I'm not vegan, but want the majority of my meals to be plant based, without just being salads all the time. Any recipes you guys have tried and loved would be great.

If you check out the "Recipes" area and search for "Vegan," you should be able to see lots of threads with vegan meal ideas. I've also found Pinterest to be a great source for meal ideas.
  • jenniferevangelho
    jenniferevangelho Posts: 1 Member
    I think your best way is to grab a cook book or two to give you some ideas. Oh She Glows is a great cookbook to check out. I LOVE her recipes. All are plant based. Another way just like JaneJellyRoll suggested pinterest is a great resource. As far as staying on track.. I would start slow and steady otherwise it may be quite a shock to your system. If you are currently still eating meat I would start with taking out some (ie. red meats etc.) not all for a couple weeks. Then reduce the amount of chicken and eggs you eat. As well as the dairy and cheese. Slowly your body will adjust and you will have better success maintaining a vegan lifestyle. I find people often just cut out EVERYTHING all at once and they can't adjust end up eating poorly as a vegan and then quickly regress back to eating meat products. Good Luck!