Social Setting

Options
I have that friend that whenever I meet up with her, my eyesight expanded to other parts of the menu that I normally don't look at. That definitely includes drinks. I am not killing my friend off like some soap opera episode but how do you create that boundary when you are with that side kick kind of a person or when you are in that social setting like a bar or something?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Keep your eyes on the prize!
  • moveover22
    moveover22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Gracias! I think I need to make that prize stand out more in my head. With a huge *kitten* bow on it, like car.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Like a Ferrari!
  • moveover22
    Options
    I'm thinking MayBach lol but yes, now you're getting it. Great minds here
  • KingCueto
    KingCueto Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Its tough for me too...I try to find out before hand what are my boundaries at a place I am going before hand... I've noticed once I set my boundaries I can make the right choice. I learned to also not to step foot in a Starbucks. I have to have a friend get me what I want.. Starbucks is temptation city!! smh
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Maybe it would help to do some preplanning before you get there. Check out their menu online and when you get there you won't have to worry about looking at the menu and going off track.
  • shanna_wainwright
    shanna_wainwright Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tell your friend about your plan and get her on board! Having her there to help you steer your choices in a good direction will be so helpful!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have that friend too! Except it's desserts..lol. She knows everything decadent that each restaurant has and wants to split it. I don't even want to split things like that. I really don't even think of dessert when I eat out. I love her to death but I have slowed down our "lunches" due to it. Now if there are more than us two then I'm game for splitting:)
  • moveover22
    Options
    Thanks guys I really appreciate the ideas....Yeah dude!! Those effin desserts. My god. Us two together and then other people who get involved have that eff it attitude and then I can see it later after the food is all gone like that whhyyyyyyyyy face. Got to get people on board
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Be the Master/Mistress of Your Domain.