So slow

It's taken a couple of weeks to lose a pound ?????, I've been walking for England , as well as other stuff, why is it not moving ! Grrrr

Replies

• TamaraB70
    TamaraB70 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm the same way - I've been under 1300 cals a day and exercising 6 days a week and it's taken me 5 weeks to lose 1 pound!!!! I think our bodies decide when they are going to 'release' and let go of the weight. I try not to get discouraged, but it's not easy..... I keep consoling myself and telling myself that if I keep at it, something HAS to change - it just HAS to.... I've heard other people say it took 3 months before they saw any changes.... it can happen to anyone :) don't give up :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Depending on how much you have to lose, you can expect to lose 0.5 to 2 pounds per week. Weight loss isn't even linear (or it doesn't appear to be, because small losses are often masked by normal water weight fluctuations). You are probably right on schedule.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    This chart has some advice you might find helpful:

h1wdogts4sqp.jpg
  • debrasbarnard1
    debrasbarnard1 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm just impatient I suppose, I want to lose it NOW, my new mantra ,move more eat less ! Thanks for replying
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    @debrasbarnard1 Please manage your expectations. remember how long it took you to acquire the extra weight you want to lose.
    Decreasing the weight is not going to be any faster.
    I found that losing slow and steady is better for my body. I avoid to have loose skin, my body has the time to shrink and I look better.
    Good luck in your healthy journey