New goals, new motivation

Options
jencuts15
jencuts15 Posts: 41 Member
Hi all! My name is Jen, I am 25 and have been using MFP for almost a year now! I am 5 pounds away from my ultimate weight loss goal and have decided that it is time for some new friends to help stay motivated. Of course I love my current friends, but I have to admit encouragement and motivation have been a little scarce lately! My newest goal is to start heavy lifting. Today I am starting the New Rules of Lifting for Women program and am a little nervous! I have NEVER lifted before (I am a runner/insanity freak) and I have never upped my calorie intake from the original 1,200! Today is the start of my new diet, 1,540 calories/day (20% TDEE). I am hoping for motivated Pals and hopefully a few people who are heavy lifters!

Replies

• jencuts15
    jencuts15 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sad :-(
  • 9thChakra
    9thChakra Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen. I'll send a FR to you and if you'd like to accept feel free. I love weight lifting but have not done it for a long time due to illness, then injury, then choosing to focus on some emotional healing. I'm happy because I'm finally starting to feel like I want to get back into it.

Best to you!

Here's what I wrote in my recent forum intro:

Hello. I've been away from MFP for some time but I am back and want to start using it more frequently. If you would like, please read my profile to find out more about me.

For now:

-If you are someone who is interested in seeing what someone else is doing here, you are positive and you are not dependent on others for your happiness then you may want to consider following me.

-I have opened my diary, profile and blog to the public for those that are curious as to what someone else does here on MFP.

-I'm open to gaining "friends" who would like to follow my progress as little or as often as they want.

-I am currently interested in using the MFP site as a tool in my journey with food and movement rather than as a social network and will likely rarely communicate with the "friends" I make.

-When I do communicate I only post positive feedback.

-If "friends" want to communicate with me I respectfully ask that they consider posting minimal positive feedback and not taking it personally if I don't reciprocate. (Like I stated above...not really here for the social network).

Thanks so much for considering and have a great day!

9thChakra
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!

Good luck on your new work out plan. Lifting is a wonderful workout and if you stick with it you will see results fast!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen!

Don't be sad by the lack of responses yesterday, I think the site being kinda down was like a "blue moon"... all the wierd/angry in people came out.

I'll send a friend request :) I still have a longgggg way to go before reaching where you're at but want to start lifting again and would love to see how it goes!