Your weekly training schedule? Please share

Options
Heartlight441
Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
edited May 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I seem to be all over the place and often changing my program.
At one time I was just walking, then I was doing Focus T25 or a C25K program. Now I am starting to realize I was turning into a 'cardio bunny' and revisiting to focus more focus on weights than cardio (starting Strong Curves at home, "weights" days). My cardio will be 30 minutes of HIIT (likely T25).

I'm really curious what others do here for their 'weekly schedule' and how you balance the key fitness components of cardio/strength/flexibility. And what do you allot for rest days? Please share!

Mine:
M Weights
T Weights
W Cardio
Th Weights
Fri Weights
Sat Cardio
Sun Rest (gentle yoga/stretching)

I should add in my goals too which would affect ones schedule. I want to lose about 30 lbs (lost 17 so far) fat but also gain muscle and have healthy athletic curves. At one time, I wanted just to be thin but now definitely not (aka skinny fat). I realize losing fat and building muscle seem to conflict as one needs a caloric deficit and one needs to be fed so this will take me time to achieve, longer than if I just was losing weight.

Replies

• feliciaamanda
    feliciaamanda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do different exercises every week. I made three different gym programmes which is legs, abs/chest/shoulders/biceps and back/Triceps. So I go to the gym 3 times a week, on whatever days I feel like it. On mondays I run and do tabata with friends. Sometimes I do group exercises as well. And the rest of the days I do whatever I feel like doing. If I decide for a rest day I usually walk or bike. I have 0-2 rest days a week depending on my plans for the week and also how I feel.

My weeks mostly look somewhat like this:
    M Run & whole body tabata
    T gym
    W gym
    T run
    F gym or rest/walk
    Sat gym
    Sun gym or rest/walk

But, as I said, every week is different. I do what I feel like. A fixed schedule is hard for me to do because of my school and work schedule.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Weights - MWF
    Cardio - whenever. Sometimes 3x, sometimes 5x. Depends on my mood and how I feel I'm recovering.
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I lift every day -- one muscle group per day alternating legs and abs (for example this morning was chest/legs; tomorrow will be back/abs etc). And I (try) to do cardio (videos) M/T/TH/F. Sometimes I'll throw in another round of cardio on the weekend, either a brisk walk on the TM (or outside depending on the weather) or another video. I've got to start running again as I have a race next month so I'll b doing that a couple of times a week (possibly on my "off" cardio day and/or the weekend) and I'm going to incorporate a couple days of YRG Yoga.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    M-F ~ one hour/day

36 minutes heavy bag (some tabata) to begin every session - 70 push ups mixed in there, 10 at the end of every song.

M, W, F - follow bag work w/ 4 sets of bear crawls (2 forwards/backwards - 2 sideways left/right) - 3 sets of bar dips (10) to Burpees (10) to 1 min. Plank - a few more bear crawls and some random abs to round out the hour. I will also do some kettle bell type swings with my 35 lb. dumbbell but that's usually after I've logged my hour.
    T, Th - follow bag work with 3 sets of 10 body weight squats and 10 goblet squats with my dumbbell - 11 minute ab routine - bear crawls and some shadow boxing with wife's hand weights and maybe some extra abs to round out the hour.

I take a 3 minute break after heavy bag. All done in our basement.

I also have a pull up bar that I just received but my back strength is garbage so I'm still working up to full pulls for a proper routine. Right now I just get up and work 3 different hand positions, several sets of 10-20 pulls just hard enough to get feet off of the ground. Really concentrating on only engaging my back muscles, slowly. I tried going full throttle on day one and my left shoulder didn't agree with that approach...or form. Had to back off a bit and I know better. Those are done randomly, 7 days a week. Never logged.

I'm gone very often on weekends so I don't really log anything on those days but it's not uncommon for me to at least get some planks and about 100 push ups in and if I can make a path, I'll rearrange the room, temporarily, for bear crawls.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I used to do cardio only, then started lifting last fall. My current routine is a five day split.

Sunday - Legs/core
    Monday - Shoulders/back/cardio
    Tuesday - Bicep/Tri/cardio
    Wed - cardio or rest
    Thursday- Legs/core
    Friday- Upperbody circuit/cardio
    Sat- rest or cardio
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I seem to be all over the place and often changing my program.
    At one time I was just walking, then I was doing Focus T25 or a C25K program. Now I am starting to realize I was turning into a 'cardio bunny' and revisiting to focus more focus on weights than cardio (starting Strong Curves at home, "weights" days). My cardio will be 30 minutes of HIIT (likely T25).

I'm really curious what others do here for their 'weekly schedule' and how you balance the key fitness components of cardio/strength/flexibility. And what do you allot for rest days? Please share!

Mine:
    M Weights
    T Weights
    W Cardio
    Th Weights
    Fri Weights
    Sat Cardio
    Sun Rest (gentle yoga/stretching)

I should add in my goals too which would affect ones schedule. I want to lose about 30 lbs (lost 17 so far) fat but also gain muscle and have healthy athletic curves. At one time, I wanted just to be thin but now definitely not (aka skinny fat). I realize losing fat and building muscle seem to conflict as one needs a caloric deficit and one needs to be fed so this will take me time to achieve, longer than if I just was losing weight.

I change my routine every four to six weeks. I may do a strength based program for a month. Then a functional based program the next month. Right now I'm on a six week chest focused program. I believe in changing often for a couple of reasons. 1. I don't get bored, or let my body get used to the same routine. 2. I believe in having both strength and function. Not focusing purely on one or the other.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Weights- sun-tue-thurs (and sometimes friday)
    Cardio- i walk mostly, up to 5 times a week, i occasionally hike/bike/swim as well.