Celery ideas

ImKaren768
ImKaren768 Posts: 19 Member
I love celery for a snack but I have tried peanut butter on it and I think I'm having "issues" with peanut butter. What do you put on your celery?

Replies

• skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Hummus, chicken or tuna salad,
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    I like them plain or in Bloody Marys. LOL
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I don't eat raw celery for a snack often. I use it in recipes all the time though- soups, casseroles.
    You could try it with cheese, hummus, bean dip, spinach dip, salsa, tuna, egg salad, salad dressing.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Cream cheese
  • rutzsa
    rutzsa Posts: 52 Member
    A veggie dip made with sour cream and Hidden Valley Ranch Dip packet
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    ImKaren768 wrote: »
    I love celery for a snack but I have tried peanut butter on it and I think I'm having "issues" with peanut butter. What do you put on your celery?

Have you tried almond butter, or cashew butter, they're both delicious.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I like them plain or in Bloody Marys. LOL

Bloody Marys FTW.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Laughing Cow
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Nothing as a rule.

If I am make a plate of veggies for a partying I might use a dip.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Baba ganoush. (I put it only everything -- good on carrots and cucumbers too.)
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    pimento cheese
    hummus
    chunky salsa
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Hummus, white sauce (a type of bbq sauce), blue cheese dressing, tzaziki, salsa...almost anything you'd dip chips into works well.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Laughing cow cheese, but I really don't like celery so I don't have it often.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,734 Member
    I also like cream cheese or pimento cheese. I also like it plain, though. Not into the sweet toppings such as peanut butter and other nut spreads.
  • bradcfairchild
    bradcfairchild Posts: 74 Member
    k1ikhvaoib6c.jpg
    I started celery as a filler snack today. I've done it before. Never seems to stick. It's OK by itself, but I've always liked it more with dip or something that has lots of calories. Is this a good ratio of peanut butter to celery? I figured 3 tablespoons peanut butter to 5 medium sticks. I tried it the other day with vegie dip which was lighter on calories but probably doesn't have the protein. Thoughts?
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    I eat celery only when I have to.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    k1ikhvaoib6c.jpg
    I started celery as a filler snack today. I've done it before. Never seems to stick. It's OK by itself, but I've always liked it more with dip or something that has lots of calories. Is this a good ratio of peanut butter to celery? I figured 3 tablespoons peanut butter to 5 medium sticks. I tried it the other day with vegie dip which was lighter on calories but probably doesn't have the protein. Thoughts?

When I eat peanut butter and celery the peanut butter completely fills the celery not a thin smear. Did you find that amount satisfying?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I like to make dip out of lowfat plain yogurt and dry vegetable soup mix or salsa. It tastes great with any raw veggies! Cottage cheese or hummus is also good.
  • bradcfairchild
    bradcfairchild Posts: 74 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    k1ikhvaoib6c.jpg

When I eat peanut butter and celery the peanut butter completely fills the celery not a thin smear. Did you find that amount satisfying?

I usually use more but I was trying to be skimpy. It seems to me to be just as good to have less.