Food for Company?

Options
kayemmgee5
kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
Hello!

I have a few weekends coming up where we will have company staying with us. They will be here during the week, which means while my husband & I are working they will be home alone (and left to fend for themselves with food) but in the evenings we will be together. I wanted to figure out some meals that we could have for dinner while they're here. Does anyone have any quick, healthy, meals for such occasion?

I was considering getting a roasted chicken one night and just having a simple veggie and starch as the side dishes. It would be easy enough to pick up from the deli.

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    If it's healthy food for you, it's healthy food for your guests. A roasted chicken sounds like a great idea but why not roast it yourself? It's easy and cheap. Here's a recipe of mine for a very simple, reliably moist, roast chicken. You can put any seasoning or sauce on it you like. The recipe has pictures with the instructions.

http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/moist-roast-chicken-butterflied.html?p=7

Click on one of the small pictures and you will get larges ones with the instructions as captions.
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Entertaining after a work day is tiring, so I'm giving you some easy suggestions;

1. Crockpot chili
    2. Crockpot BBQ brisket
    3. Taco bar: have a bunch of e usual stuffings and let people build their own. Chicken, beans, lettuce, cheese salsa, guac. Etc
    4. Build your own kebabs. Grill the kebabs with corn. If your guests are willing, you can put Em to work shucking corn while you get the rest ready.
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like the taco bar idea, and I take chicken breasts and put them in the crockpot w/some salsa poured over the top, shred when you get home from work.

Sandwich with fruit?

Make your own chicken salad bar?
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    buffalo chicken enchiladas
    crock pot cube steak (soooo good)
    any crock pot chicken
    any grilled meat/veggies - try doing skewers!
    grilled chicken salad