Chicken?

Options
2»

Replies

• LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Chicken and the George Foreman grill are a great combo. I prefer to marinate for a couple of days first.

@2011rocket3touring What size George Foreman do you have? I have the small one someone gave me and I've not used it yet. I think because it seems so small...guess I should get it out and try it. What do you use for marinades? Thanks :)

@SimonCypher
    I know there are some awesome George Foreman recipe websites where ppl over the years have added recipes.

Over the years there have been quite a number GF threads here on MFP where ppl share what they make on their grills etc. Though it was before the upgrade so hopefully they are not lost and are still available via the search engine.

Thanks @LazyButHealthy for all the ideas & for getting me re-interested in pulling out my GF grill.

How long are you cooking the chicken on it for? Does it come out moist?

Keep the ideas rolling All! ;)

I think the key with the GF is not to wait for recipes. Just get in the habit.
    Unless i'm doing a proper roast chicken or beef, I only ever cook them on the george now. Any bacon, sausages, chicken, beef... out comees the GF.
    Stewing onions, pepper, courgette etc all great too.

The chicken only needs a couple of minutes. It'll depend on the thickness, of course.
    Only dry when I forget about it and leave it on too long ;)

For marinades, i'm less experinced but I often use Teriyaki sauce, or a dry rub. My brother in law makes an amazing dry rub that makes everything taste incredible!
    If you're starting out, butchers often sell some sauces and rubs that they can advise for different meats.

Tonight, it's going to be a chicken fillet, with dry spiced rub, in a salad with peppers, spinach and avocado.
    Yum!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I use my George Foreman grill so much I refer to us as "in a relationship".
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I think you need to come and teach me all these recipes! I've had a George Foreman grill now for over a year and have used it once I think, lol. Definitely going to start using it more with some of these suggestions, :smiley:

Ha!

Honestly, Simon, it's the best thing I've bought for my kitchen that hasn't been dumped after the novelty wears off. A year later and I use it around twice a week. So easy to clean, and fast to heat up, too.
    Can have very taste chicken, bacon, sausages, beef... pretty much all meat i eat is done on the george.
    For some of the cheaper meats the water pours out - so it also helps realise the quality of some of your products too.

When the chicken is nearly ready I often just pile on loads of onions and peppers on there too for a quick cook and then just put them on the plate with some rice or a wrap.

Great for post-work meals where I want to eat healthily but not 'waste' quality evening time cooking!

GO! Get out the George!

;)

@LazyButHealthy Wow, lol I think I've just rediscovered chicken today! ;) Such simple ways to make healthy meals and quick sounding too! You have a larger one too? I need to just pass my small one on and pick up a bit larger one... what size would you suggest? Similar size as @2011rocket3touring as that sounds so much nicer to be able to do veggies, peppers, toss onions on and do multiple chicken breasts on etc. Makes far more sense...

Would love the feed back... I'll do what you've shared 'Lady'... not worry about the recipes and likely get a larger one and start tossing thing on it and start playing! :smiley:

Excited about George coming to hang out in my kitchen again! :p
  • LazyButHealthy
    Options
    Hey, mine is pretty small. It says 4 portion, but it's really for 2 people. More than adequate for anything we might rustle up.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/George-Foreman-18471-Portion-Family/dp/B0055429GO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463587286&sr=8-1&keywords=george+foreman

I would suggest just using the small one you have, and then upgrading only if you're making use of it.
    No point in spending more money if you're not sure if it will suit you.

Have fun!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hey, mine is pretty small. It says 4 portion, but it's really for 2 people. More than adequate for anything we might rustle up.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/George-Foreman-18471-Portion-Family/dp/B0055429GO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463587286&sr=8-1&keywords=george+foreman

I would suggest just using the small one you have, and then upgrading only if you're making use of it.
    No point in spending more money if you're not sure if it will suit you.

Have fun!

Makes perfect sense! I'll do that :smiley:
  • LazyButHealthy
    Options
    Really enjoyed my dinner tonight, at less than 400 calories!

Red bell pepper and round sliced red onion, with a slight dusting of spices grilled on the george foreman -
    Grilled chicken 100gm (seasoned and on the george forman, of course!) -
    Portion of Sainsbuyr's mediterranean vegetable rice (while very lazy I find these rice pouches great to keep strict on portion control)

Ta-daah!

Today's evening meal totals at 382 calories.