Obese

Options
loric988
loric988 Posts: 2 Member
I'm looking for friends that will help me lose 50 pounds and give me tips on the things they have done

Replies

• notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. Best thing I can tell you is get a food scale and weigh everything you consume. This will ensure that you log accurately.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    loric988 wrote: »
    I'm looking for friends that will help me lose 50 pounds and give me tips on the things they have done

Count me in
  • blb_86
    blb_86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Added you
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty active with my group of friends...sending you a FR. When I first started in Feb 2015, I was one bmi from obese. I lost 48 pounds and started maintaining March of this year. I'm not logging foods anymore but my diary is open for when I was losing (Feb 2015 - Mar 2016) I changed my eating lifestyle to more healthier foods that would benefit me. Most of my weight loss was just weighing foods, counting calories and walking on the treadmill for the exercise.

Examples of foods that I eat: instead of white bread, I went for whole grain/wheat; kept away from prepared foods (Rice-a-Roni or ready made meals); aimed for low calorie drinks; removed snacks such as Doritos and Oreos and now eat pretzels, protein bars, nuts, dried fruit, Greek yogurt, smoothies, etc. At the beginning I followed a high protein/low carb diet and realized there is nothing wrong with carbs. When I food shop, I tend to look for things higher in fiber.

Wishing you the best of luck!! Hope to meet you soon!!
  • 1987formula
    1987formula Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I second Notreallychris, those are good habbits. You will quickly learn that all of our ideas about moderation are way out of whack.... I have past the 50lb mark if you would like to friend me aswell, I share my diary and log every meal and snack. It isn't hard, stick to it no matter what and being honest with yourself is the hard part.