Binge eating / emotional eating

Options
Hi,
I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say on this post, I think I more just need to let all my thoughts out somewhere and here is the only place I can think of ..
I started putting weight on at university at that time it was no biggy, I just started exercise & more balanced diet until something would happen whether it was good/bad/upsetting/exciting/tiring etc whatever the emotion I would eat more but still my when I had an emotional moment It still wasn't so bad on my weight or overall health. Overtime (2yrs on) I had to stop uni due to long term illness, I am now back home basically stuck doing nothing apart from eating until I feel sick, and if I feel sick sometimes I make myself sick. I have a healthy balanced meals breakfast, lunch & dinner and somedays I will be fine but somedays I will binge and when I binge I fill my supermarket basket full of sugar, chocolate, ice cream & sneakily eat it whether this is home alone, walking home alone or in my bedroom quietly. I'm sick of it! As soon as I start I don't stop. I completely ignore trying to lose the 2stone I need to lose to be healthy. I get so embarrassed at slimming world

Replies

• rockailly13
    rockailly13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm at in the same boat and on top of that I have diabetes.
  • bethanylawrence824
    bethanylawrence824 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm there, too.

It does get better, but willpower is so hard to learn and then so easy to lose. I fall off the wagon all the time and find it takes longer to 'build' me back up again to be able to say no.
    I used to be really really bad, like you've described. I'm an 'alone in the house' type binger, so if I know I'll be alone I usually plan a binge to the point where I'm helpless to refuse. I used to knock back about 3,500 calories in a single sitting, sometimes more. And because I hid it, I'd have to eat dinner as well.

I tend to make a bargain with myself- not the best thing to do, but it works. Say if I'd like something like KFC- I tell myself we can do a homemade bake in the oven recipe that is healthier- but I'm going to need to buy everything and prep it myself. About 80% of the time, what I was craving wasnt worth the drive to the store and all the prep of ingredients.

Also, something I've noticed is sometimes right on the dot, my cravings for junk come back a week after consuming other junk. Im assuming it might be just how the additives work - they leave you for a bit, but reel you back in again. So the less you eat it, the better its going to be to say no :smile: !