20 in 20: Week 3!

Replies

• Hey everyone today has been a long day I am down 60min of the 180 I went to Zumba class and loved every minute finally I am back in the gym:love: I am so excited I really needed to be back around other people the at home videos are great but I think I need a mix again I was totally depended on them for the last 3mnths and I use to be a gym rat. I am so happy to be back in the gym now. It is time to chip away at these last unwanted lbs!!:happy:

On a bad note I was over 592 in sodium Yikes:noway: Can we say H20 all through the night to flush my system!!
    Also I took my daughter's guinea pig "Spike" to the vet he didn't makeit back home:sad: it's been really tough today for her so I have been trying to cheer her up all day!!

Looking foward to making the rest of the week exciting and fun and not over doing the weekend even though it's the 4th I think I have celebrated enough the last 2 weekends and my goal for July is to enjoy every weekend without over doing it with food!!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    I've done 145 minutes out of 180...my weekly goal is usually at least 300. Monday was an awesome kickboxing class and a jog with my pups. Yesterday was my workout with Angie (personal trainer). No work out today...I'm going to see Eclipse! I will also refuse all movie snacks so that I don't go over my calories, which is MUCH easier to do on a non-working out day!

Yesterday I did really well all day until 11:30pm when Nilla Wafers sounded like the best thing on the planet. My extra 350 calorie deficit went down the tubes and I ended up +73 calories. But MAN were those Nilla Wafers good. :smile:

I'm excited about today, then tomorrow is my workout with Abbey, the best personal trainer in the world. Hope everyone is doing well this week! Get out and get moving!
  • emmylou13
    emmylou13 Posts: 46
    sounds like you guys are getting in some great workouts... I am doing this ask.com 30 day fitness challenge... random but fun... they send you an email every morning with a new exercise routine to do... today is 15 minutes of stairs, and 30 minutes of intervals... becuase of my foot I can only walk the run part... but will try for the stairs... :) keep it up! 45 / 180 for me today...
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Hello! I would love to join if I still can. I'm 27 yrs old and I just joined MFP a week ago. I have done well so far.....lost 2.2lbs:happy: . Joining a group to help push me and make me accountable would really help!!
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    I've done 489 minutes I am do go exercise alot,it takes up most of my day,hooray for everyone that is meeting/getting to their targets,good luck and keep pushing! ;D
  • whittrusty
    Hello! I would love to join if I still can. I'm 27 yrs old and I just joined MFP a week ago. I have done well so far.....lost 2.2lbs:happy: . Joining a group to help push me and make me accountable would really help!!

Feel free! Our weigh in is on Monday. Check back for the Week 4 post and just add all your info to the list with your name, starting weight and current weight!
  • whittrusty
    I've done 489 minutes I am do go exercise alot,it takes up most of my day,hooray for everyone that is meeting/getting to their targets,good luck and keep pushing! ;D

That's awesome! After tonight's workout with Abbey and a jog with the dogs, I'll be 225/180! I'm shooting to get over 300 (possibly 360 minutes) this week!

Keep up the good work, everyone! No matter what you're doing this weekend, get out, get moving and make good choices! Happy 4th!
  • dk82
    Just adding myself in now so I can join the weigh in on Monday.

Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight ......................... + / - LBS
    Emmylou13...........................157.4...............................................154.2 ...................................... -3.2 LBS
    Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................166.4...................................... -2.3 LBS
    NaokoHeart............................196.4............................................192.2........................................-4.2lbs
    Cnbethea................................162.6............................................161.8.......................................... -0.8lbs
    Breathe_Glamour...................175.0............................................173.......................................... - 2lbs
    00trayn...................................177.0.............................................173.4....................................... -3.6 LBS
    kaymiller2.................................155.0............................................154.0......................................... -1 lb :)
    salvirez.....................................138.................................................134...........................................- 4 LBS
    stephlewis...............................204.2.............................................205.2....................................+ 1 lb
    whittrusty................................216.2...............................................215.6...................................... -0.6 LBS
    dk82.........................................184.8..............................................184.8......................................0 lbs

sarahgallienne81.................223.0............................................223.0........................................0 LBS
    Curvykatie..............................145.6............................................145.6.......................................0 LBS
    wildfiery..................................195................................................195..........................................0 LBS
    kalibsmom..............................187.................................................187...........................................0lbs
    maggiecharles...........................193...........................................193.................................................0 lbs
    Sweetheart6lk ........................ 221.2............................................. 221.2.........................................0 lbs

Good luck to everyone on there weight loss and challenge!!!!
    Hope everyone has a safe, fun July 4th!!!!
  • emmylou13
    Welcome to the new ladies!

Name.............................. Start Weight ............................ Current Weight ......................... + / - LBS
    Emmylou13...........................157.4...............................................154.2 ................................ -3.2 LBS
    Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................166.4.................................... -2.3 LBS
    NaokoHeart............................196.4............................................192.2....................................-4.2 LBS
    Cnbethea................................162.6............................................161.8.................................... -0.8 LBS
    Breathe_Glamour...................175.0............................................173........................................ - 2 LBS
    00trayn...................................177.0.............................................173.4..................................... -3.6 LBS
    kaymiller2.................................155.0............................................154.0...................................... -1 LBS
    salvirez.....................................138.................................................134........................................- 4 LBS
    stephlewis...............................204.2.............................................205.2.................................+ 1.0 LBS
    whittrusty................................216.2...............................................215.6...................................-0.6 LBS
    dk82.........................................184.8..............................................184.8........................................0 LBS
    sarahgallienne81.................223.0............................................223.0...........................................0 LBS
    Curvykatie..............................145.6............................................145.6............................................0 LBS
    wildfiery..................................195................................................195...............................................0 LBS
    kalibsmom..............................187.................................................187............................................0 LBS
    maggiecharles...........................193...........................................193...............................................0 LBS
    Sweetheart6lk ........................ 221.2............................................. 221.2........................................0 LBS
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I managed a 30 minute 30 Day Shred workout last night, after having a rough afternoon and almost not working out at all. I have 165/180 minutes and I have the gym planned for after work today. That should definitely push me over 180 minutes. I have a pretty set routine of 30 minutes of run/walk intervals, 12 minutes doing hills on the recumbent bike, and 10-15 minutes on hill on the elliptical. I had taco bell for lunch (from the fresco menu so not too bad calorie wise) but I still need to burn off some calories so I have enough for dinner and an evening snack. I'm going to be gone in the Poconos (in PA) Sat-Tues, so I'm trying to stockpile exercise :D
  • emmylou13
    Hey Ladies - the office went out for lunch - i got a chicken salad sandwich on wheat... but i know it was way high in calories... so i have 80 (haha) left for dinner.. and tonight is happy hour :( ... so I am going to try and bust my butt to earn dinner and a drink w/o going over my goal... hope everyone is doing well today
  • dk82
    Happy hour..:drinker: ...Good luck!!!
  • whittrusty
    4 oz. of white wine is only 80 calories...a very safe option for happy hour!
  • johnjely
    johnjely Posts: 99
    If you all don't mind, I've love to join! I have 330 minutes of exercise already in for this week, as I read that was the week's challenge, but I'll officially join on Monday, July 5th! However, I'd like to go ahead and add myself to the list and such...

Emmylou13...........................157.4...............................................154.2 ...................................... -3.2 LBS
    Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................166.4...................................... -2.3 LBS
    NaokoHeart............................196.4............................................192.2........................................-4.2lbs
    Cnbethea................................162.6............................................161.8.......................................... -0.8lbs
    Breathe_Glamour...................175.0............................................173.......................................... - 2lbs
    00trayn...................................177.0.............................................173.4....................................... -3.6 LBS
    kaymiller2.................................155.0............................................154.0......................................... -1 lb :)
    salvirez.....................................138.................................................134...........................................- 4 LBS
    stephlewis...............................204.2.............................................205.2....................................+ 1 lb
    whittrusty................................216.2...............................................215.6...................................... -0.6 LBS

sarahgallienne81.................223.0............................................223.0...............................................0 LBS
    Curvykatie..............................145.6............................................145.6................................................0 LBS
    wildfiery..................................195................................................195...................................................0 LBS
    kalibsmom..............................187.................................................187................................................0lbs
    maggiecharles...........................193...........................................193.................................................0 lbs
    Sweetheart6lk ........................ 221.2............................................. 221.2.........................................0 lbs
    Johnjely....................................185................................................185...............................................0 lbs
  • salvirez
    salvirez Posts: 25
    Welcome johnjely!

So far I have 225 mins of exercise and the week is not over! I have also carried over last weeks challenge, 100 crunches, and 8 glasses of water, at least. I'm excited to say I've been able to keep up.

Thought I would share an exercise I learned last week, it kicks my butt everytime I do it and I feel like my tummy is a little tighter. I like to do these right after I'm done stretching and warming up for whatever exercise I have in mind for that day. I was told this was a core/ab exercise but I can also feel it in my arms. Anyway, you get in a push position and you bring your right leg to your chest and then extend it back. Repeat on the same leg 12 times and then switch to your left leg. No rest in between. Then you come down to a plank position and repeat- leg to chest, extend back, and switch legs. Now, you can rest. Do three sets, the following being 10 times, and the last set being 8 times. I hope this is not confusing, I've never described an exercise before. I
  • dk82
    Good luck to everyone for the July 4th weekend!!!!:tongue:
  • johnjely
    johnjely Posts: 99
    Good luck to everyone for the July 4th weekend!!!!:tongue:

Ha, thanks! I'm definitely going to need it. I'm going up to a lake in N. Indiana with my boyfriend's family, and they ALWAYS have great food -- and lots of it!
  • emmylou13
    UPDATED LIST :)

Emmylou13...........................157.4...............................................154.2 ................................ -3.2 LBS
    Dusty73085...........................168.7............................................166.4.................................... -2.3 LBS
    NaokoHeart............................196.4............................................192.2....................................-4.2 LBS
    Cnbethea................................162.6............................................161.8.................................... -0.8 LBS
    Breathe_Glamour...................175.0............................................173........................................ - 2 LBS
    00trayn...................................177.0.............................................173.4..................................... -3.6 LBS
    kaymiller2.................................155.0............................................154.0...................................... -1 LBS
    salvirez.....................................138.................................................134........................................- 4 LBS
    stephlewis...............................204.2.............................................205.2.................................+ 1.0 LBS
    whittrusty................................216.2...............................................215.6...................................-0.6 LBS
    dk82.........................................184.8..............................................184.8........................................0 LBS
    sarahgallienne81.................223.0............................................223.0...........................................0 LBS
    Curvykatie..............................145.6............................................145.6............................................0 LBS
    wildfiery..................................195................................................195...............................................0 LBS
    kalibsmom..............................187.................................................187............................................0 LBS
    maggiecharles...........................193...........................................193...............................................0 LBS
    Sweetheart6lk ........................ 221.2............................................. 221.2........................................0 LBS
    Johnjely....................................185................................................185..............................................0 LBS
  • emmylou13
    hey everyone!!! good luck this weekend. i have monday off - but i will still try and check-in! we are staying home this weekend... just going to the local beach, working on the house and RELAXING! I hope to be really active so hopefully that makes up for the last two days... ugh. so bad. anyways keep up the hard work! and welcome to the new ladies!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I'm gonna be gone from Sat-Tues for 4th of July weekend. I'll be in the Poconos in PA with my family, so I'll be fed too much food and drink and won't have a scale til wednesday morning. Whooo... haha. I'm gonna work hard to keep moving all weekend and not eat too much. I'll post my weigh in when I get back from the trip. Crossing my fingers it goes down and not up :)
This discussion has been closed.