Always hungry

Options
Lean988
Lean988 Posts: 6 Member
I'm hungry all the time! I exercise most days I try not to eat them back or it feels pointless exercising only eat some I work long hours to I need to lose 5 stone only lost a few pounds I can't stick to the calories. I eat around 16/1700 I think on average just always hungry? Anyone else found this?

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lean988 wrote: »
    I'm hungry all the time! I exercise most days I try not to eat them back or it feels pointless exercising only eat some I work long hours to I need to lose 5 stone only lost a few pounds I can't stick to the calories. I eat around 16/1700 I think on average just always hungry? Anyone else found this?
    If you're hungry on 1600-1700 calories, play around with your macros... Increase the fat and protein and see how you go. I personally find that if eat more carbs, I am hungrier. Are you weighing your food on a food scale in grams?

Also, eating back a portion (not all, as mfp overestimates exercise calories) exercise calories is not pointless. It's the way MFP has been designed.

How long have you been losing weight for? 'A few pounds' in 3 weeks could be a really good thing. A safe rate of loss is anywhere between .5lb-2lbs per week. You can set MFP to lose 2lbs per week until you only have 50lbs to lose, then set mfp to lose 1.5lbs. If you already have MFP set to lose 2lbs per week, try for 1.5 or eat 1/3 of your exercise calories back. What you have to look at is your NET calories (seen on your "home" page.