Breakfast ideas?

Options
I used to start my day with a cup of iced coffee (skim milk with Nescafe iced coffee syrup). I am trying to find a better option in the morning that is still high protein but not as much sugar. Any suggestions? I am not a fan of plain milk!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I take my own protein shake. I prepared it in a blender: whey protein isolate, almond butter, almond milk and a banana. Also, I drink a cup of fresh brewed coffee ( black, no sugar, no cream)
  • Leannemeredith
    Leannemeredith Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I take my own protein shake. I prepared it in a blender: whey protein isolate, almond butter, almond milk and a banana. Also, I drink a cup of fresh brewed coffee ( black, no sugar, no cream)

Thank you. Have you ever added cocoa powder?
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @Leannemeredith . I add cinnamon powder, if the banana is not ripe. I want to clarify that the above is my pre workout drink at 4:30 am. I go to the gym at 5 am
  • CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Add chocolate protein powder in place of the syrup.
  • CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Add chocolate protein powder in place of the syrup.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Oats
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been making a shake with a Premier Protein RTD shake, ice, a packet of instant coffee and whatever extract is handy. Yesterday I made a peppermint mocha with a chocolate shake and peppermint extract and today I threw a bananas and cream in the bullet with the instant coffee packet and some amaretto flavoring. So good.