Shakeology

Options
2»

Replies

• ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If your goal is to lose a few pounds, and then gain them back once you get sick of dealing with the overpriced powder, then shakeology is perfect.

If it sounds like a good short cut, then it's bogus and won't work over time.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I still stand by it being a pyramid scheme with no magic properties. That being said, it has help many people in that it gave them a regimen they were able to adhere to, at least for some of the time. The problem is, what happens when they stop and haven't actually learned good habits?

Also, they advertise as gmo free which just angers me.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There are cheaper alternatives out there. Shakeology is really overpriced for what it is.

I posted this in another thread but I'll post it here as well:
    Just did a quick comparison of what I use and shakeology. This is what I came up with:

Chocolate Shakeology (picked it cause the stuff I use is chocolate):
    $129.95 for 1260 grams
    42 grams a serving/30 servings per bag
    Macros and calories per 100 grams:
    381 calories (160 per serving)
    4.76 g Fat (2 per serving)
    40.46 g carb (17 per serving)
    40.46 g Protein (17 per serving)

Fitmiss Delight Complete Protein Chocolate
    $28.98$26.99 for 889.2 grams
    24.7 grams a serving/32 servings per container
    Macros/Calories per 100 grams:
    365 calories (90 per serving)
    6.07 g fat (1.5 g per serving)
    16.19 g carb (4 g per serving)
    64.76 g protein (16 g per serving)
    it has some micros as well, but not to the level of shakeology. Fitmiss also has a multi though which closes the micro nutrient gap. It's $18.87$19.50. That's $47.85 $46.49 a month. $1.60$1.50 per serving
    I don't see the value in shakeology.
    red text is current amazon prices

I also like EAS AdvantEDGE. The vanilla reminds me of melted vanilla ice cream. It's $17.99 on Amazon or $17.09 if you subscribe to shipments of it.

Now I only used the Fitmiss multivitamin for one month. I compared the label to what I typically buy from walmart and it's pretty much the same thing. I typically get One Source Women's vitamin from Walmart and it's about $5-6. When they are sold out, then I buy vitafusion gummies (not the greatest vitamin, but I don't mind the taste and not having to swallow a pill is a nice change of pace). So depending on which protein powder I want to buy I'm usually spending $1.10 or less per serving.

This is what I would do, or make some real foods (a few eggs, over night oats (mine is oats, milk, protein powder, peanut butter and a little honey).

Outside of that, shakes are all personal taste and you will have to try a few until you find one you enjoy.