Greetings from Big Sky Country!

samanthatoombs14
samanthatoombs14 Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
vti6oig3tgax.jpeg
Hello! My name is Sam, and I live in Montana with my wonderful husband and our cat, Axl. I've struggled with weight since I was 10 years old, and within the past two years was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder and PCOS. Ready to be healthier and take control of my health! My questions are 1) Any exercise tips for people who struggle with motivation to exercise? And 2) Any suggestions on food and snacks that fill you up and are still healthy? Thanks for your time!

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Welcome! I'm from Bozeman. That being said, I know we don't have any water that big in MT, at least I don't think so!
  • samanthatoombs14
    samanthatoombs14 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, there! You are correct, that isn't Montana. We were on our honeymoon cruise. We are transplants to Montana, and love it here! Montana's culture of an active lifestyle has definitely motivated us to make healthier choices!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    My advice to you is to follow the forums on here to answer your questions. There are many people who are very knowledgeable. MFP advocates weighing and measuring your food once you've plugged in your stats to figure out where you need to be with calories and recommends no more than 2 pounds weight loss per week. This is accomplished by the simple method CICO, calories in/calories out. I'm down 32 pounds since January so it works for me. There are special groups that focus on PCOS and thyroid disorders that could offer some assistance. As far as motivation, it has to come from within, you alone has to decide you want to.