Help!

Options
notkaseykasem
notkaseykasem Posts: 136 Member
So I asked a simple question about protein ideas and I get how many macros, let me see your diary..... I just need new protein ideas so I don't fizzle out on my workouts and what the heck is a macro???

Replies

• eugnl
    eugnl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A macro is short-form for macro nutrient. Essentially everything we eat is comprised of 3 macro nutrients; fat, carbohydrate and protein.

If you are training with weights, proper nutrition is key. Try to aim for 0.80 grams of protein per lb, every day. This will help to repair the muscle you've broken down in the gym.

As for protein ideas, if you're sick of chicken, you can go with:

Fish (tillapia & cod are great)
    Tuna
    Greek Yogurt
    Cottage Cheese
    Egg
    Beef
    Pork
    Green Lentils

or pick up some Whey Isolate powder

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I and the others who responded wanted to know some detail of your specific eating habits and exercise habits before offering specific advice. However, if all you want is protein ideas I'll point out that the frozen chicken you get from your grocer is injected with 10% saline solution which makes you both hungry and thirsty. You can find at a high price poultry which has not been injected with saline. This is easy to consume. I've replaced my breakfast meat with turkey and on weekends I have chicken, both of which add very little of the detested sodium to me. If you don't already know about high quality protein and low quality protein, that's something you need to study up on. If you don't already get your weight in kilos expressed as grams in protein each day, get more of the high quality kind. If you're not already using high quality protein powders or high quality protein bars, look into that.

A 'macro' is each column of your food diary: Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Sugar. The 'micros' in this context are the various nutrients you can see in your Reports under Nutrition.