Aussie - Old and Obese

Options
pinkcodet
pinkcodet Posts: 10 Member
Hi.
I am nearly 70, weigh 120kg (264 lbs) and my Jeans are size 127 (Waist). I have decided I want to get into a smaller size for my 70th birthday in 4 weeks. My ultimate goal would be to reduce my weight down to 80kg (176lbs) but I do not have a plan on how long to get me to that goal. I started using My Fitness Pal 8 days ago and have lost about 2kgs (4.5 lbs).
Cheers to you all, Edward (Ted) O'Callaghan

Replies

• TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello Edward,

I am more than happy to join you at your journey. I am 52 years old young and just started myself.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! I wish you the best! I am 64 and this app has helped me so much. I love the support here!
  • pinkcodet
    pinkcodet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been on MFP for 150 days and have lost almost 15kg. I have gone from Jeans waist size 127mm down to 117mm. Some of that loss was due to a tummy bug.
    My next goal(s) are to get into 112mm waist Jeans and into double digits (below 100kg) by Xmas.
    I have 3 MFP friends who provide me with support and encouragement and without them I could not have got to this stage.
    I believe my weight loss has been slow, but I believe that the slow loss will be more sustainable.
    Cheers to you all, pinkcodet.