Breast Reduction

Options
2»

Replies

• MaryLuvsTheLamb
    MaryLuvsTheLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I actually had an appt with my doc for today, but I cancelled it. He was just going to go over the guidelines for approval. I felt defeated without even going, because I know they will tell me to lose weight first, which is bogus, because I've dropped about 80 lbs before and the size of my breasts never changed, but they're not gonna take my word for it. Also, I heard that you have to quit smoking for about 6-8 weeks before and after, due to the possibility of necrosis. Ain't gonna happen. I've cut back from 3 packs a day to 1 pack a day, but I'm guessing they'll freak. Do they make you quit smoking?
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You need to quit at least a week before the surgery. It makes it really dangerous for anesthesia and for circulation if you are still smoking. You also could develop pneumonia after surgery also. You wouldn't have to quit forever. But if you want a good outcome, it would be a good idea to quit at least a week or so before surgery until you are recovered.
  • lifeandleaves
    lifeandleaves Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    pbprincess wrote: »
    I am planning on it, depending on where I am when I am done with weight loss/recomp. I was a DD in 6th grade, an F at 145 pounds, currently at 165 pounds and a full G. If I don't get to a size i can easily find in store (DD or less) within 2 years, I will be going for it.

I was a 28GG (thw largest cup available in that band size) at 14 at 127 lbs. and am now a comfortable EE/F with a 30 band size at 23 through a healthier lifestyle. I ditched dairy and lost 3 cup sizes in the first six months, alongside at least 8-10 pre-cancerous cysts.
  • MaryLuvsTheLamb
    MaryLuvsTheLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    You need to quit at least a week before the surgery. It makes it really dangerous for anesthesia and for circulation if you are still smoking. You also could develop pneumonia after surgery also. You wouldn't have to quit forever. But if you want a good outcome, it would be a good idea to quit at least a week or so before surgery until you are recovered.

Thank you for the advice! Think I'll focus on losing the weight first and then approach the "quit smoking" demon.
  • indigrrl
    indigrrl Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm still in a G cup now, despite 31 lbs lost. I'd love to be smaller (and...er...higher) but willing to wait until I reach goal and prove to myself I can maintain at least a year. Depends on whether they shrink any on their own, too. Still have over 50 lbs to go. Also, the Big C runs in my family, so it's entirely likely I will end up losing and reconstructing them anyway. I'd hate to go through it twice.
  • daniellee_xo
    daniellee_xo Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment on Tuesday to talk to my doctor about if I'm a good fit for it! I'm 5'1, 160 pounds and a DDD cup. I have lost so much weight but my boobs just keep getting bigger. Neck problems, back problems, so many issues so I am hoping I will be able to get the surgery done!
  • RebekahAnn88
    RebekahAnn88 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My mom had it done twice! Once after she had my two older siblings at age 26 thinking she was done and then again age 35 after me and my younger surprise brother was born 5 years after me... I remember her having the second surgery and the aftermath of it she went through without a hitch and very light scarring compared to her first time. She loved it! I enjoy being heavy chested and don't foresee myself doing likewise but maybe after having babies a lift would be nice!

Side note about cost $$$ she went to the local medical school and got both done for free because they were teaching the students how to do it! There are always options!