Trying to bulk

Options
Hey everyone,

I recently did a cut and got to a level where I was happy with and then I decided to bulk, I started off at 67.8 kg and I was eating about 2650 cals for 2 weeks and it seems that I gained to about 69 kg then 2 weeks from their I started losing weight and going back down and went down to literally the weight I started at which is 67.8 kg and now I have upped my calories to about 3000 a day and it's my 4th week of bulk , should I continue eating this amount or lower it abit ?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    keep eating more until you are gaining at a consistent number, i.e. half pound or pound per week ...
  • fadiyousif171
    fadiyousif171 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    keep eating more until you are gaining at a consistent number, i.e. half pound or pound per week ...
    this week I started out eating 3000 cals a day , I'll test it out for a week or two and see what happens :) thx bro
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Keep in mind that your body will still have natural fluctuations. Looking at weight trends over a 4 week period is more important then the weekly adjustments.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    this week I started out eating 3000 cals a day , I'll test it out for a week or two and see what happens :) thx bro

It's going to take about four weeks for things to even out....
  • bobfrake
    bobfrake Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I increase my calories to 3250. In twelve weeks I've gained just under one stone in weight. Don't dismay, I still kept losing the first few weeks. I'm averaging an increase of 1LB a week now.. although it maybe time to increase mine even more as it seems to have plateaued again. I just don't want to add too much fat, so I'm still eating healthily, so I think I'll struggle to increase my calories much more. Good luck with it
  • fadiyousif171
    fadiyousif171 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yeah it seems like my weight is going up, checked the scale today and im up to 69.1 kg , im still eating 3000 calories and making sure on getting all my macros and everything, i think i just need to be patience and dont rush it as i wanna gain pure muscles and not much fat.