Success Story?.. Maybe?..

Options
2»

Replies

• DylOmega
    DylOmega Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    OP--if you don't have money for therapy, at least join some of the groups for eating disorders o MFP. You sound very precarious to me, anything could start a downward spiral. Eating disorders are not a "do-it-yourself" deal. To get out and stay out, you need a good professional, that you trust. Good luck.

I understand. I just made a post in the Motivation and Support forum looking for people, it was a crappy post, short and to the point, but it'll work. I'll also join some of the groups when I can as well. I'm less likely to get pushed into a downward spiral as you put it as I used to but.. Yes it could still happen.. But I won't let it. Thank you though. Several people including you have said I should get involved with other people on the forum so I will.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    DylOmega wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I just wanted to reach out and give you a hug

And I happily accept the hug. Thank you. :smile:

If you find yourself struggling, please seek help from a therapist or counselor. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Men and women can suffer from disordered eating. Please get yourself someone to talk to though.
    Are you going to be starting college soon? If so, there should be counseling available there and its often free . some even hold Ed support groups and you will not be the only male there.
    Your so young and have your whole life ahead of you. So many wonderful things are yet to come for you . so I would hate it if you fell back into these ways and missed out on everything good that's still to come. Not to mention the damage that comes along with it. Sometimes in these situations , people have long term lasting medical issues from disordered eating so I would just hate for you to fall back into this. I'm not trying to scare you ( even though I'm your moms age ) but I just want to make sure your aware of the physical damage that eating disorders can cause your body.
    Like I said , you still have so many great things ahead ( marriage ,career, children) so I would just hate for you to miss out on all those good things . if you need help finding counseling in your area, there are plenty of people here who will help search for resources in your area.
    Best of luck to you !
  • DylOmega
    Options
    DylOmega wrote: »
    I just wanted to reach out and give you a hug

And I happily accept the hug. Thank you. :smile:

If you find yourself struggling, please seek help from a therapist or counselor. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Men and women can suffer from disordered eating. Please get yourself someone to talk to though.
    Are you going to be starting college soon? If so, there should be counseling available there and its often free . some even hold Ed support groups and you will not be the only male there.
    Your so young and have your whole life ahead of you. So many wonderful things are yet to come for you . so I would hate it if you fell back into these ways and missed out on everything good that's still to come. Not to mention the damage that comes along with it. Sometimes in these situations , people have long term lasting medical issues from disordered eating so I would just hate for you to fall back into this. I'm not trying to scare you ( even though I'm your moms age ) but I just want to make sure your aware of the physical damage that eating disorders can cause your body.
    Like I said , you still have so many great things ahead ( marriage ,career, children) so I would just hate for you to miss out on all those good things . if you need help finding counseling in your area, there are plenty of people here who will help search for resources in your area.
    Best of luck to you !

I definitely will seek out help. Thats why I already made a post in the Motivation and Support to gain friends hopefully. While I should be doing more, asking for help after all the time I dealt with it is a big step for me. I am really happy though right now, I did just get accepted into a college and I am going to have to find a job quickly to start paying for things to help my parents out (they want to pay for my college). In all honesty, I am happier than I have been in a long time so I will continue to do my best. Thank you for your heartfelt message because it threw me off guard and I was sitting here wondering how to reply to such a great message. Thank you. :) I know they cause damage, I got away really lucky, as far as I can tell from myself, my metabolism seems fine. As far as it never going away.. I know it won't ever leave my mind. On a daily basis I think of going back to Anorexia or Bulimia specifically, but I try not to let those thoughts manifest. Best if they don't. Then I'll start trying to come up with positives for them and thats definitely not a good idea
  • DylOmega
    Options
    Are you allowed to bump these up? If not I won't do it again.
  • DylOmega
    Options
    Is there a way to edit a post to include photos?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!