A good lite, low sodium dressing

Options
I like to eat cucumbers and tomatoes and usually put lite Italian dressing, but I am trying to watch my sodium. Any good dressings that are lite and low sodium that would be good on them?

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Experiment with fancy vinegars! I eat tomatoes and cucumbers (and onions, too) with just basalmic vinegar or japanese rice vinegar with a few herbs.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    For a purchased dressing, I've been loving Olde Cape Cod Balsamic with olive oil. 30g has 80 calories and 60mg sodium.

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Double post
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I really like good balsamic sprinkled over the cucumbers then very lightly salt (not even necessary most the time) either chop fresh basil or use a little dried to sprinkle as well as a lesser small amount oregano. So good. I do this over salads too when I don't feel like making a container of dressing.

You can mix this as an actual dressing and use italian seasoning mix (just the herbs/spices and not the dressing mix packets) also if you don't have individual spices. If you need a little fat, do 4 parts balsamic to 1 part olive oil then plenty of herbs and maybe a little crushed garlic or garlic powder - not garlic salt - a small bit of pepper and salt then mix. People always ask me to make this. You have to give it a stir or shake each time you want to use some since you aren't adding any emulsifier or stabilizer.

Italian dressing is super easy to make yourself and tastes SO much better than the bottled stuff.