SAHMs 6/28 - 7/4

Options
We are a group of FABULOUS sahm's who are committed to our good health goals. We are informal but do challenge each other too. and we totally get the unique roles we play and the struggles that follow in trying to get fit and take care of our families and homes. :) come join the conversation at any time. we welcome newcomers!

Replies

• mebras3775
    mebras3775 Posts: 50
    Options
    I am fabulous and a stay at home mom. I am just trying to get between 125--130 and right now i am at 139. It took me forever to get past the 140 hump. I had been struggling between bouncing between 141 and 145, but I am finally past the 140 hump. I am ready to start doing the 30 day shred again and I have been counting those calories. Good luck to all.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Welcome membra!

Today, my goal is to make some strawberry jam in the am and then maybe go to the pool with the kids?!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Welcome membras! We are all here for eachother and get the job done :)

My goal for today is to not die! Was going to get back to working out, but woke up with rotten stomach/turkey trots, can't find charge cord for dead iPod, and just want to sleep.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Welcome mebras!

Nicole~Got to love homemade strawberry jam!

Trish~Get feeling better!

Last week I didn't meet my goal of 30 miles I got 17 1/2 miles. I did okay with the water not quite where I wanted it to be. Same goals for this week 30 miles on the bike and more water I want to at least get in 12 glasses a day.

I still have the nastys in the sinus'. I am tired of feeling this way. I did feel better since I asked the hubby to keep the window A/C unit off last night. So I am thinking that is aggrevating it all.

I hope you all have a great Monday and week!
  • blessdmomof4
    blessdmomof4 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Welcome to you new fabulous SAHM's!

Nicole - I hope your jam comes out better than mine. It is like strawberry sauce :grumble: I don't know what happened. This is my 3rd year making jams and I've only gotten one batch right. I try to make it w/o sugar and use honey and juice concentrate to sweeten instead so I'm having a hard time getting it to gel.

Trish- hope you are feeling better. It can be so tough to get acclimated again after a trip. I always need a vacation after my vacations.

My kiddos were gone for the night so I had a delightful day reading, gardening and going to the gym! They are home now and I missed them much, but I enjoyed my day to myself!

Knowing that I wasn't going to hit my goal of 40 lbs by my birthday I decided to change the goal to 32 lbs b/c it's my 32nd birthday and I met it today! Tomorrow is my birthday so I am ahead of the game (or would be if I hadn't already reduced the goal by 8lbs lol.)

I hope you all had a terrific start to you week!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Melissa!!

Hey girls! Back from vacation and up 3lbs...oops! At least I worked out a lot while I was there, but I think I drank too much wine ;) Hopefully it will come off fast. Less than a month til we move to OH, getting worried about the house not selling though...Our rent starts Aug 1st, and closing takes a month here...so we have til Thurs?! ugh! Better tell the hubbs to get that advance on his paycheck so we can swing double payments for a couple months.

Stacey ~ Did you get my message? Sorry to ask again! Now that I have possibly 2 friends moving there, I will have to come visit! ;)

goals this week, track food and keep exercising! :) Tonight is step aerobics, so excited!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i did katie. i forgot!
    will post up now
  • staceyw37
    Options
    well--first a happy bday to melissa.

and a feel better to the sickies
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Katie- I hope you feel better!

Melissa- Happy Birthday! My jam didn't turn out great on the first batch, I didn't have enough sugar. Here's the tricky thing with jams and jellies. Fruit makes it's own pectin, but you have to have the right ripeness to utilize it. That's why they have the boxed pectin and you can make your own out of apples. Thye have low sugar pectin boxes too. thatt is the kind i usually get, but I am having a hard time trying to find it right now!!

Katieapple- I know how paying for 2 places at once is. it IS stressful. We had to do it when we were moving across the country. The good news for you is that you will all be together. We had to live separate for 9 months while that was going on!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    quiet today! I hope everyone is having a great time! What is everyone's plans on getting through the holiday bbq's?
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    we are having chicken sausages with cheese inside, and turkey burgers, both on low cal buns. Frankly I'm more excited about helping Grace play with sparklers and snaps.

Trying to work up the gumption to get back to the gym. Dunno if it's water weight or losing muscle or what, but I've dropped 3 lbs in the last week. (191 from when I got home to 188 this morning). I'm only eating 1200 cals today, so not sure if I really need the extra cals from exercise.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    That is actullay cool that you are more interested in the the fireworks! That is a good thing! We are actually going ot be running a 5k on the 4th...and then watching fireworks in the evening. Supposedly the town next to us has great fireworks!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Rabbit, rabbit, dear friends!

I dunno if I'm losing muscle, water, or fat, but I dropped another pound this morning. I hope I'm losing fat.

Enjoy the holiday!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Thank you for all the well wishes. I am feeling almost 100%! Still a little bit there but not much. Life has been crazy at our home the last few days but of course when is it not. :laugh: It just was more than I am used to. Went to see Eclipse yesterday with the hubby good movie. Today is dd1 8th birthday no big parties planned for it (we are horrible at remembering to do big parties). However this Saturday, July 3rd,she is going to be baptized. She is very excited! We tried to talk her into doing it on another weekend so than that way there would be more people that would be able to come to support her (with the 4th being on Sunday and us in Utah everybody celebrates it on the 3rd). She wouldn't have it though so we figured that it is her getting baptized so she should be the one to decide. We might use the grill this weekend and do up some Boca burgers and hot dogs (the boca for us the hot dogs for the kids). I don't see the food getting the best of us this weekend!:smile: Hope you all have a great rest of the week and for those that are here in the states have a fun and safe 4th of July weekend!
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am fabulous and a stay at home mom. I am just trying to get between 125--130 and right now i am at 139. It took me forever to get past the 140 hump. I had been struggling between bouncing between 141 and 145, but I am finally past the 140 hump. I am ready to start doing the 30 day shred again and I have been counting those calories. Good luck to all.

Hi and Welcome!

I'm stuck in that 140 place right now and its driving me INSANE!!!! I have been here for over a month going up and down and up and down. I started P90X last week and I haven't dared to weigh yet cos people tell me that the weight goes up first!
    How did you get past the 140?
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Had really crappy last few days Thursday was the worst day of like all time for me. Very stressful!!! Have not been able to log my food or even exercise because of all that has been going on here. Not seeing it when the stress is going to be gone but hopefully soon it will let up!

On to a better subject..... Today my dd1 is getting baptized. She is so excited and so are we all!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    We are here when you need to vent, Katie (and have 10 seconds to do so). Congrats on DD's decision to be baptized
  • staceyw37
    Options
    quiet week.....

what good things to report? kids are getting used to chore "sticks" and doing the work, i've been scheduling activ for this weekend and next week--and started to get august organized for homeschooling.
    i need detailed plans--but know that i can scrap/rearrange at any time.

on my secret wish list for the weekend?? to sew a purse--that other pattern and fabric i have had sitting for at least a month now. if only dh will help me....

have a fabulous holiday weekend in this amazing, one of a kind country we call HOME. !!