Daily Dose of Inspiration

I'm always looking for things to inspire/motivate myself in areas of fitness, nutrition, and life in general. I thought I'd start a thread to share some of the things that help me in hopes that it may help others as well.

Regarding fitness:
"It doesn't matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch"
"DEAD LAST is greater than DID NOT FINISH, which trumps DID NOT START"

Replies

• sdelrie98
    sdelrie98 Posts: 7 Member
    Regarding nutrition:
    "If you eat what you've always eaten, you'll weigh what you've always weighed."

Don't say, "I'm trying to lose weight", because your mind naturally will want to find what has been lost. Instead, say something like, "I'm building a healthier me."

I struggle with wanting highly processed and fast foods. (I have literally cried because I wanted a chicken strip basket before.) There are times when I can change my thinking and overcome cravings for things just by wording things differently. And then, there are times (like the chicken strip incident) when I just have to eat whatever it is and count it.
    Some things that help are:
    If an item is "unhealthy" I don't call it "food". If it is loaded with sugar or processed wheat flour, etc. I say, "I know my taste buds want that, but my body doesn't. Because it's going to cause inflammation within me and make me sick." And sometimes I just call it "poison" or say "that's toxic to my body". When I'm trying to choose the right foods, I've quit saying, "what do I want to eat" and I've started saying, "I need to find the best thing to fuel my body".
    I don't know why, but thinking about food as either "body fuel" or "toxic to my body" often helps me eat cleaner, more natural foods. And I feel better when I eat cleaner, even if I eat too many calories to lose weight, I still have more stable blood sugars and less inflammation. Natural and minimally processed foods are just less offensive to the human body. And the more you eat them, the better they start to taste.