Revelations...pls. add some of yours

Options
13»

Replies

• lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I never wake up in the morning regretting passing on the pizza, cake, ice cream, cola, etc the day before.
  • shopper3692
    shopper3692 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I learned that this is a conscious journey. You cannot just magically get slim and fit without being intentional with your eating habits, thinking habits, and even sleeping habits. I really agree about the Spirit, Soul, and Body notion. I believe they all work hand in hand.

You can't successful without incorporating each element into your life. My Soul can't prosper without my spirit, and spirit can't prosper if I'm not taking care of my body (your body is the temple of God), so they are all intertwined.

My biggest revelation is to set your own goals. Don't let anyone alter your goals because of their opinions (negative or positive). There will be people that will say you have lost too much weight, you shouldn't be doing this type of program, you should or shouldn't be eating this type of food. Do you your own research, set your own goals, because you are the only one that has to live every minute of the day as you!

Yes, Yes, YES!!! Love your post! Everything you've said is LIFE giving/sustaining/enabling to me...especially this:

" My Soul can't prosper without my spirit, and spirit can't prosper if I'm not taking care of my body (your body is the temple of God), so they are all intertwined.

AND

My biggest revelation is to set your own goals. Don't let anyone alter your goals because of their opinions (negative or positive).

It "appears" when I do what I need to do for ME, which more often than not contradicts and goes against the grain of popular and tried and true "diet" eating/drinking solutions, I find myself doubting myself and not sticking to what I KNOW I need to do (which is saying no to things that aren't good to/for me and YES to things that are among other things) to succeed is drop kicking this fat & flab out/off of me to the place where the sun will never shine, and that right permanently.

I do so VERY much appreciate you taking the time and care to post here. Words of Life indeed they are to me. You ROCK!

:heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart:
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My Revelations:

1. Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy. This takes hard work and dedication.

2. Being healthy is about more than just being skinny. It is about eating correctly and having a strong mind and body.

3. Sometimes it's going to be extremely hard, but if you just keep on pushing through it does get easier. This cycle will happen repeatedly. Accept it, and never give up!

4. Some people will help you. Others will want you to fail. The only time people ever want you to fail is because they are scared of your success and that you will become better than them. Good! Use that as motivation. Jealousy only means you are doing something right that others can be jealous of.

5. Good things take time. In order to do this the healthy and sustainable way, it is going to take a while, and that's okay. That's how it is supposed to be. Gradual progress is still progress!

Love this! Very well said. Thank you.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I am a food addict, and I am in recovery.

Yes...that you can and do admit that is tremendous to me and even more so that you know you are in recovery--that's really terrific.

Ya know, speaking of addiction--I personally have tons of them. Many seem acceptable or even "respectable"...but I'm discovering or have been getting the "revelation" that they are so NOT cool for or to me at all. Example...I've always considered having a "bad attitude" or being impatient, frustrated or irritable as "acceptable" (ya know, the ole "everyone does it excuse/justification--UGH). I NEVER looked at being impatient as being a "sin" nor anything close to that, just something acceptable that everyone does and is--nope, it's an addiction of sorts and not cool at all. I just got done reading this book called:

Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges and it's a shocking eye-opener and blessing for sure--here's the full title and link to the reviews of this tremendous book:

Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate by Jerry Bridges
    http://www.amazon.com/Respectable-Sins-Confronting-We-Tolerate/dp/1600061400

Anyhoo...calling things like my being lazy, slothful instead...my calling this like food addictions as gluttony or my being a glutton instead, calling things like exaggerating or being in denial, calling them lies or myself a "liar" and doing something about "being in denial" like calling my "denial" out and other wrong and self-destructive behaviors and embracing the TRUTH instead of accepting/welcoming/petting/babying these enabling negative and mentally, physically, spiritually harmful issues instead--I'm discovering that by calling these character/behavior issues by their more dramatic and truthful/real, less "tolerable" names is helping me in so many ways I can hardly describe.
    I am getting the revelation accepting what the majority people "wink an eye at" instead of reject as unacceptable to God and myself is helping me win this DAILY battle of the bulge and rather than petting my addictions--calling them out for the hurtful and self-destructive character flaws that they truly are more often than not helps me WIN. For me, it's a daily, moment by moment choice rather than a personality issue and I'm so GLAD to know that though I have a multitude of addictions and woes, I haven't arrived--but I've left the place of helplessness and woe because of them.

Thank you so much for posting...you ROCK sir. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • johnrossmckay
    johnrossmckay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Very well said!
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    1. Food portions! Never knew that every food has a label with recommended portion for 1 person. It surprised me how small this portions were like 30 g of peanuts, really! I used to eat whole box of cookies at once. Now I check every single label I see and eat one homemade cookie at a time! Moderation all the way.
    2. Water is THE only beverage your body needs. Always have a water bottle with you and one on your nightstand.
    3. Beauty comes from within. You are what you eat. My hair and nails stopped splitting.
    4. Recreation isn't just for snobs (my parents teaching). Regular sweating makes you satisfied, strong, flexible and a lot more capable in every other area - mental, emotional, social, physical. I can do soooo much more than I used to and sleep better.
    5. Food is precious! At the start I looked at every morsel as my personal treasure because sudden drop in intake made me so hungry. Cooking and eating healthy does not have to be either expensive, time consuming or complicated. It's really easy!
    6. Planning is crucial. Always make plans for next day of even week if you don't go shopping every day.
    7. Trying to better youself shows real nature of people surrounding you. Some will support you, many will surprise you with negative attitude and active attempts to undermine you. Remember this for the future.
    8. Nothing worthy comes easy. Every change demands a different lifestyle.
    9. Help others and whole universe will be at your side!
    10. NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Eating clean makes it sooooooo much easier to stay under your calories for the day.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    My revelation hit once I was maintaining. First, my weight will always fluctuate given the time of day I weigh myself and the amount of water in my body. Maintaining means maintain weight within a range. It's hard to get out of the lose lose lose mode once you hit it, but a weight gain or loss of a few pounds is not big deal so long as you stay within a healthy weight range.

More important to me, though, is what I tell myself on 'fat days,' because sometimes weighing one extra pound more than I did yesterday weighs on me mentally. I look myself in the mirror and say " you still fit into the awesome jeans and your boyfriend still thinks you're the hottest girl he's ever laid eyes on. I don't care what that scale says, because you have it made."

realizing the above was my revelation. Weight no longer matters so long as I am healthy and feel good in my skin.

This is such an essential and helpful revelation...I'm so VERY glad you've shared here with us. It's crazy how the negative "self-talk" can absolutely stir up all kinds of YUCK in my heart and mind. I found this quote yesterday that may help us remember these important things you speak of...

"Tell the negativity committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up. (Read Learned Optimism.) "

P.S. I've NEVER read that book, "Learned Optimism", but it was part of the quote I found, so I wanted to include it.

Thanks again for posting...you ROCK! :glasses: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :glasses:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    1. I can live without Skittles or Starburst.
    2. I crave what I eat, so the more crap I eat, the more crap I want.
    3. Portion control is key. And my eyeballs suck at measuring portions. Get a good scale.
    4. You can eat a deli sandwich without chips (I swear, this one is fact).
    5. I'm all that I need to be. Right now, today, as is. It doesn't mean I can't work toward being a better me. But for today, what I am is enough.
    6. Water is for more than bathing.
    7. WALK isn't one of those four letter words my mom wouldn't let me say as a kid.
    8. The secret to sustained weight loss is no secret at all. Eat less, move more, or preferably, both.

Come-on NOW---this is just wayyyyyyyy tremendous and I LOVE this, your revelations soooooo much. WOW, WOW, just WOW!
    What you've posted here sounds "seemingly" simple, but is sooo profound and deep to/for me. So encouraging and inspirational too. You ROCK, period.

:glasses: :smooched: :bigsmile: :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart: :bigsmile: :smooched: :glasses:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Honestly being away from my parents and living in a new country has helped me focus on myself. I realize how important it is to take care of yourself, first. Living a healthy lifestyle has helped me become a happier person. I know I would like to succeed not only with my career in the future, but also with being healthy, having a healthy marriage, and being able to raise my kids to live a healthy lifestyle.

{{{{ Hugs }}}} How courageous you are to attempt a new lifestyle of living a healthy lifestyle in a strange and new country. I'm so proud of you...YOU ROCK!

:heart: :drinker: :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!