Women with 50-100+ lbs to lose?!

Options

Replies

• rcktgirl05
    rcktgirl05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Not believing the scales completely yet, but this morning I think I may have almost joined the nineties club (kgs that is). I am aiming to lose 30 kgs more (66.13 lbs) by the 1st April 2017. That works out at 1.25kgs (2.75 lbs) a week. Has anyone else managed to lose that much in 6 months?

SW 227.95
    CW 223.10
    GW 154.32

I've averaged about 10 pounds a month, but as I get closer to my goal I am fully expecting it will slow down. The thinner we get, the less calories we need to maintain, so the calorie deficit that used to drop 2 lbs/week isn't going to work anymore!
  • workfromhome84
    workfromhome84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not sure exactly how much but I definitely have over 100lb to lose. Haven't replaced my broken scales as of yet.
  • Sukisumi
    Sukisumi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I need the support and encouragement! I've got almost 100lbs to lose.

Current: 210.6
    Starting: 216.6
    Goal: 124
  • Janetescalante
    Janetescalante Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Any motivation you need you can add me ! SW: 273 CW: 239 GW:165
  • 5bites
    5bites Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    CW: 232 GW:155 so how does this work? I see a lot of replies but how does the support take place. do we just write here or check in on a certain page, not sure how this is done...
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm always on the look-out for more friends. Currently just under 190, hoping to get down to at least 140 if not lower. Add me ^^
  • Bbiwbkacq
    Bbiwbkacq Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    5bites wrote: »
    CW: 232 GW:155 so how does this work? I see a lot of replies but how does the support take place. do we just write here or check in on a certain page, not sure how this is done...

Hi, I just started too. You add friends or people request you. You can join groups and/or challenges. You really have to familiarize yourself with the website to get the most from it.

I've added people who are active on here. I post status updates on my page and people comment, lending their support and encouragement. I, also, visit friends' pages, encourage them, look at their diaries, if available. You can get meal ideas.

The groups are great because you can focus on what's important to you. For example, I do intermittent fasting and eat plant based. I found groups that emphasize those. But, basically, is getting to know how to use the website/app to best support you.

Please feel free to add me. I'm just learning all of this but if I can help you out, I'd be happy to!
  • Fannyshiz
    Fannyshiz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SW: 200
    CW: 175
    GW: 150
    I'm 5'7"
    Feel free to add!
  • kelsthers
    kelsthers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Id like to be added if that's alright!

HW: 260
    CW: 200
    GW: 150-160
  • cybreyes
    cybreyes Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling.
    SW: 270
    CW:250
    GW:160 or a healthy

I was starting to lose weight 2 1/2 years ago. Then surprise...I got pregnant! :D ( I thought I was done having babies. I have 2 grown children). BFing I got down to 230 but when I stopped I gained back the 20 I lost. I am now getting more serious or rather focused about losing weight since turning the BIG 40 this past April!
  • deejayoh77
    deejayoh77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Started last month and have been doing pretty well now that I've realized I'll have my ups and downs. Very picky eater so it's been trial and error (more errors than anything else) and could use some support from like minded. I'm better at encouraging others than myself! Have lost 19 lbs since I began this new phase but have way more to lose (I'd like to aim for another 80-100, with small monthly goals to not overwhelm or disappoint myself especially with holidays coming). Slow and steady is hard sometimes especially when cravings hit.
  • sweetcore
    sweetcore Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    SW: 190
    CW: 188
    GW: 135

Need some super active pals on here! I have been posting regularly for a week and a half. Had a mishap my second week of my first month here. I am really committed not only to losing weight, but being more healthy and active.
  • rynshermy
    rynshermy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Feel free to add me, anyone! I'm having an October Fitness Challenge for my mfp friends. It's just to help us stay active and motivated. I'll be sharing my methods and exercises that help me lose weight. Anyone is welcome to join the challenge.

Highest weight- 386lbs
    Current - 268
    Goal - 140ish.
    I have a long way to go.. Lol

Stay strong everyone and keep pushing!
  • MommyRuns12
    MommyRuns12 Posts: 13 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hey there! I'm type 2 diabetic and hypothyroid also. Good luck everyone!
    SW: 215
    CW:192
    GW: 160
  • RiahD
    RiahD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My all time high was 286 ! I felt horrible . So I heard about MFP, I immediately downloaded it. It has been really helpful .

SW: 282
    CW: 251
    GW: 180
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    rynshermy wrote: »
    Love this thread! Feel free to add me, anyone! I'm having an October Fitness Challenge for my mfp friends. It's just to help us stay active and motivated. I'll be sharing my methods and exercises that help me lose weight. Anyone is welcome to join the challenge.

Highest weight- 386lbs
    Current - 268
    Goal - 140ish.
    I have a long way to go.. Lol

Stay strong everyone and keep pushing!

Interested
  • smchic2012
    smchic2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Can I join this. I have to lose so much weight and I need lots of motivation.
  • lenacrigger
    lenacrigger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Currently 320
    Goal 220?
  • Klitt86
    Klitt86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm so with you!! I'm at my heaviest I've ever been and needing to lose 100 pounds.

CW: 257

I'm trying to lose 10 pounds a month. If I can I should be at my goal weight by July 2017!

Feel free to add me as a friend! I'm a newbie so definitely in need of friends for encouragement and motivation
  • maclynclenn
    maclynclenn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    SW: 200
    CW:187
    Please add me, I need motivation.