what's keeping you going today?

Options

Replies

• let_me_clip_dirty_wings
    let_me_clip_dirty_wings Posts: 2,910 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Same as any other day - Obligation to fulfill life's daily realities...
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    So while sitting with my dad while he got his chemo treatment a woman came in to have her pic line removed because she had just had her last treatment. I've never seen someone with such an amazing, big, genuine, happy smile. Made me happy, hopeful and proud of this stranger for beating cancer. :)
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Copenhagen Long Cut and caffeine.
  • synchkat
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    So while sitting with my dad while he got his chemo treatment a woman came in to have her pic line removed because she had just had her last treatment. I've never seen someone with such an amazing, big, genuine, happy smile. Made me happy, hopeful and proud of this stranger for beating cancer. :)

made me smile (:

It was pretty clear absolutely nothing was going to wipe thst smile off her face. It was amazing never seen someone that happy
  • jgkoutr
    jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
    Options
    My boys...and end of day glass of wine
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Knowing id eventually make it to the gym
  • synchkat
    edited June 2016
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

Love this! Last year I went with a friend to have hers removed and the oncology nurse had written a song that she sings to every patient at their last treatment. She had all of us in tears. It takes amazing people to be there day in and day out taking care of people who are suffering.
    Good luck to your dad!

Omg that's awesome. My dad drove down with a woman going for her first treatment so showed her the ropes. She got his favourite nurse so he told her to look after his new friend. It's sweet everyone bonds
  • Rom3oJuli3tt
    Rom3oJuli3tt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The fact I love what I do and get paid very well to do it
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I was going to say earning my "almond badge" in the snack better challenge, but I'm now inspired by the genuine (and kind and generous) human interaction in this thread the last 24 hours. Thanks for inspiring me, classy ladies of MFP.

Reading a lot about war and nuclear proliferation this morning...Getting to the "how do we fix this" section of the reading now, which I hope will inspire and energize me rather than making me want to fly my invisible jet straight to In-n-Out. That would really freak them out in the drive thru. I think I'm losing it.
  • beagletracks
    Options

made me smile (:

Me too. :)
  • beagletracks
    Options
    ct6zeymom5q6.jpeg

that guy ^^^ having fun in a fire truck

last year when we went to see the trucks he was terrified of the noise but this year he loved it :)

Awwwww. <3
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Yet again, going to the gym. After that, its all down hill
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    The thought that I only have three more hours of work left to do today....
  • erwisneski369
    erwisneski369 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Knowing that my husband will be home soon and he will be surprised at all the hard work I have done since he has been gone.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    So far, my tea...and it's not doing a great job either!