Good Carb Snacks ???

Options
Hi guys, I need some good choices for carb snacks in the day. I have more room to add carbs and replace some protein if I can't eat some other stuff. What do you like?

Replies

• mostein
    mostein Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Fruit is my favourite carb! I also really like plain rice cakes with peanut butter on them. Not much nutrition in the rice cake but it's more to add the little bit of crunch to the PB. Sweet potatoes are delicious but not a great on the go type snack.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I love nut thins and hummus. Since I would eat the whole box if I regularly kept nut thins in my desk drawer, now eat frozen grapes. A lot of sugar, but I don't really worry about sugar from fruit. I didn't gain 10 pounds on an apple binge.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Fruit, veg, yogurt, cottage cheese.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Boom Chicka Pop sweet & salty kettle corn. 70 cals per cup.
  • webbz92
    webbz92 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I/2 cup full fat cottage cheese with a cup of blueberries. I feel like this snack gives me a little boost and it satisfies my sweet tooth. I also like a few diced Tomatoes with some cottage cheese, basil, and cracked pepper. If I feel low energy but don't have time to make the above mentioned snacks, I'll always grab a banana.
  • webbz92
    webbz92 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh and almonds and diced cube cheese- in moderation
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    cashews or Dannon lite and fit yogurt or carb control shakes
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks guys. I do the yogurt and cottage cheese. Might look into the sweet potatoes as I think I want to keep my fat % where it's at. Appreciate the help!