Always hungry

Options
So I have been sticking to my calorie goal, I eat 3 small meals a day and snacks in between which are usually fruit or nuts. I tend to have 4/5 of my 5 a day and I am loosing weight I'm always hungry.

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Take a look at what your eating. If your eating nutritionally sound food, you shouldn't be hungry. It's the "junkier" foods that tend cost a lot of calories and add little to your macros.
    If you think it would help, take a look at my diary and compare.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight? Are you at 1200 calories?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Nuts make me hungrier! Have you tried Greek yogurt or a lean protein to cure the appetite? High fiber veggies can slow down digestion and keep cravings at bay. (Did you know that celery stalks contain a natural appetite suppressant?)
  • Rach0792
    Rach0792 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft9 and 180lb. I'm on 1500 but I think I may need to increase as I lost over 5lb in a week whilst sticking to the 1500.
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Rach0792 wrote: »
    I'm 5ft9 and 180lb. I'm on 1500 but I think I may need to increase as I lost over 5lb in a week whilst sticking to the 1500.

We're nearly identical. I'm 5'9, 177 lbs. I had my calories set at 1930 to lose .25 per week (right now I am currently on a "diet break" and have my calories set to maintenance). I want to lose slowly and sustainably so I can keep it off in the long run. You could easily bump to 1700, as long as you aren't completely sedentary.

ETA: I tried to check your diary to give specific suggestions, but it wasn't open to public viewing. Make sure you are getting plenty of protein and healthy fats. Those are more satiating than carbs for most people. I try to get 145 grams of protein per day. When I hit my protein goal, my fats and carbs usually fall in line pretty well.
  • ajennypenny
    ajennypenny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been on the Keto diet and all my hunger's gone away. Have you tried anything high in fat? I usually find myself stopping before the food is gone. I really like Avacado, salt and salsa with a salad on the side, keeps me full all day.
  • Rach0792
    Rach0792 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think I will go to 1700 and just see how that goes for a while and then decrease again if I need to.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Rach0792 wrote: »
    I think I will go to 1700 and just see how that goes for a while and then decrease again if I need to.

Make sure you are religiously weighing and logging your food, using correct entries from the database. Good luck!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back 50-75% of your exercise calories?
    If you aren't that could explain your hunger.

Also you may be trying to lose too fast. 2 lbs a week is good if you have over 75 lbs to lose. Decrease that goal by .5 lbs for every 25 you need to lose until 15 lbs then drop to .5 total.

MFP sets up your deficit in your basic calorie goal. It expects you to eat back the calories burnt.

Log by weighing, with a digital scale, solids and measuring (cups and spoons) liquids.
    Tight logging and eating back exercise calories should help.

Cheers, h.