Macro Composition

Options
Hi,

Im doing Insanity and trying to loose body fat right now. Got about 5lbs to loose. Im also lifting heavy 3x a week.

What should my macros be set at?

40/30/30 protein, carbs and fat

OR

40/40/20 protein,carbs and fat

Obviously the fats would be healthy ones!

Replies

• stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Percentage splits aren't really used as much these days as they aren't very accurate to suit individual needs. Generally either of those splits which you suggested would be fine and it shouldn't make much difference either way. I tend to go by this: take in 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, 0.3-0.5 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight, and then take in the rest of your calories from carbs. Some people say the 'per pound of bodyweight' should be your lean bodyweight rather than your actual bodyweight, but it's up to you really.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Percentage splits aren't really used as much these days as they aren't very accurate to suit individual needs. Generally either of those splits which you suggested would be fine and it shouldn't make much difference either way. I tend to go by this: take in 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, 0.3-0.5 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight, and then take in the rest of your calories from carbs. Some people say the 'per pound of bodyweight' should be your lean bodyweight rather than your actual bodyweight, but it's up to you really.