In need some emotional support and advice?

Options
Hi everyone!

I am an 18 year old somewhat new to the world of weight loss and healthy eating. For the past two years, I have wanted to "reset" my lifestyle.

Recently, I have started to take weight loss a lot more seriously. During February, I started the 3 Week Diet where I tried to minimize my carb intake and go for a more high-fat, high-protein diet. This actually worked extremely well for me. It took a lot of self-control, but I felt healthier overall. Unfortunately, one thing led to another and I completely lost track with maintaining this lifestyle. I went back to my usual high-sugar/high-carb foods and gained back the weight I lost.

Right now, more than ever, I want to lose these last few pounds and slim my figure. I honestly am not overweight. It's just that I have a disproportionately-high concentration of fat around my midsection including love-handles and a obvious muffin top. I just do not have the self-control to go back to the diet that worked for me. Some way or another, I find some excuse to eat carbs and sugar and it's affecting me mentally. I get this ridiculous sense of guilt now whenever I eat ANYTHING. I just want to throw it all up, but I do not act upon this emotion because I don't want to develop an eating disorder.

I don't know anymore. I guess I'm writing this not only to get some advice on how to get my life back on track but also on how to eliminate those feelings of guilt. Additionally, how much time would it take for me to see results from changing my habits? I am 5'7" and 140 lbs, if that makes a difference.

Also, I forgot to add this, but I do high-intensity exercise at least 4 times a day. Doing exercise makes me fee a bit better, but doesn't really help me much mentally.

:s

Sigh. Any advice?