Weigh in day... Excited to bummed

Hello,

So, I just completed my second week of being under calories each day and doing a good amount of walking and light/moderate calisthenics throughout the week. This morning, my weigh in day, I thought i would of at least lost the projected weight of 1.5 pounds. i checked three times and I only lost half a pound.

I know you start to gain muscle so that messes with the number on the scale, but it's only the end of my second week. Should I be eating more of my allotted calories? Should I just wait to see what happens next weigh in day? Should I walk more/less? I don't know if I should change anything up.

Confused and bummed. Maybe I just need support. I've been super excited till right now. Ugh!

Thanks for reading though.

Replies

• toshie333
    toshie333 Posts: 295 Member
    Hi
    Open your food diary for viewing.
    According to your ticker you've lost 2lb. Is that 2.5lb now? That's only just under your target average.
    How many calories are you eating?
    When you say you are under your cal goal.... By how much?
    My instant assumption is maybe you are netting too little but I may b wrong. Are you eating your exercise calories?

On
    The bright side you still lost!!
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    You lost weight and didn't gain! Yay! That, in itself, is a victory. Enjoy it.

I know it's only your second week, but not every week will see the same progress. It seems, according to your ticker, that you actually don't have a TON of weight to lose, so it may not come off as fast as some other people you see that may have 200 pounds to lose, or something.

One thing I found, is being under my calorie goal every day is not the best. It's better for me to hit it or even to be slightly above on occasion than to ALWAYS be under. Other people have different experiences, but food is fuel and you do have to have enough of it. I am not a nutritionist by any stretch of the imagination, but this has been working somewhat for me (I've maybe lost 4 pounds since I re-started a bit ago--you won't see it on my ticker because I joined a long time ago and gained weight from then).
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    If you ate a lot of sodium a day or 2 before weigh in. Then it could just be water weight. I weigh myself every day. Thursday I got drunk so was not under my calories but probably not over either. Friday I stayed the same weight. I was hungover so I ate terrible foods ( high sodium) all day but did not go over my calories. Saturday I had gained 2 lbs water weight and held onto it until today. Now I'm back at what I started before drinking. My point is weight can fluctuate through out the week. So just keep on track and see what next week brings you.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    if you are eating in a deficit and only walking and not doing any form of strength training then it is not muscle....

could be water retention, or could be your are not logging everything as accurately as you think? The MFP database is off sometimes, so you really should cross check the info it is giving you.

Do you have a food scale, weigh/measure everything you eat?

Oh and it typically takes your body four to six weeks to adapt to any change...as you are in week two you should see more progress in week three, four, etc...if you do not, then you need to reassess what you are doing...