Share Your Biggest Hope and/or Fear About Weight Loss...

Options
LotusFlwr2013
LotusFlwr2013 Posts: 217 Member
edited May 2016 in Chit-Chat
Thought it might be nice to share a hope and or fear about the weight loss journey... maybe others share those hopes/fears or have tips about the subjects... at the very least a little comradery never hurt anyone <3

My hope is to love myself a little more
My fear is extra skin after loss

Replies

• jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My fear is never getting to goal , and the other one is gaining it all back
    My biggest goal is self confidence (it's been lacking for 20+ yrs)
  • LotusFlwr2013
    Options
    I have faith in you jjansen39... I KNOW you are gonna make that goal weight and its gonna give you so much confidence when you achieve it! Just don't be to hard on yourself if you stumble here and there because it doesn't matter the pace just that you keep moving towards that goal... this whole community is here hoping you succeed! <3
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    My fear is not being able to maintain when it's time. I've always either been gaining or losing. I already don't like the loose skin, but it only shows if the gravity is just right.

My hopes are to shop in any store and find something that fits that I like and never struggle again with fitting in a seat on an airplane or rollercoaster.
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Fear: I'll fall off the wagon somehow again
    Hope: I can finally go back to not being ashamed to be in family photos.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    My main fear is of plateauing. I've been doing well so far with losing weight, but I'm so scared it's going to just stop and I won't be able to lose any more.

My hope is that I can one day shop in the "regular" sizes and not have to go to the plus sizes all the time.
  • LotusFlwr2013
    Options
    Seems like a lot of people are afraid of not hitting the goal or not being able to maintain once it is achieved... I think its great that everyone is so vigilant... I am here if anyone ever needs to message me for words of encouragement just remember you are your hardest critic but others are really proud of you!!!

@actualbettycrocker ... I hate myself in family photos too

@RespectTheKitty ... I have not actually tied this yet as I have not plateaued yet but others on this site have sworn by it... calorie cycling ... I have even read material on if from readers digest even ... here is one of the sites on it http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/calorie-and-carb-cycling-breaking-through-your-diet-plateau

@faithan84 ... your lookin damn good so far luv!
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    @LotusFlwr2013 Thank you!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hope that my blood pressure goes down. Don't want to stroke out.
    Fear that I will lose and people will notice, compliment me on my lost, then gain it all back. Has happened.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Biggest hope is having that hard core fully developed beach body

Biggest fear is that it will take longer than I hoped it would
  • Anaris2014
    Anaris2014 Posts: 138 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hope: That with weight loss some important things in life will be better.

Fear: That I'll give up before it does get better.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Fear: I will get the body I want, then die and all my awesome tattoos will be buried with me. Love my Tats!

Hope: I'm happy where I end up health wise.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Fear: That I'll never actually get to a "healthy" weight. I've never been at an ideal weight for my height after the age of maybe...6 or 7. Also, loose skin, especially because I've been overweight for such a long time.

Hope: That my asthma and chronic knee pain will get better the lighter I get. Also that I'll never have to worry about whether I'll fit on a ride at an amusement park again.
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Fear: i'll still not feel confidant in myself. I'll still see myself as overweight and unattractive

Hope: that I get a boost in confidence and see what everyone else sees. Will be able to buy all the clothes that at the minute i think i'll look horrendous in
  • Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hope I won't gain it back and fear of losing muscle.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I hope to lose the last 17lbs and build significant muscle in my legs to support my knee defect and stave off my inevitable surgery. My fear is that I will never be able to reconcile my actual size now with how big I feel I am in my head (just moved into a 4 but I still feel 14/16 a lot) and that my husband will actually be more unhappy with how I look.
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    my fear is still not feeling good about myself. my biggest excitement is new clothes and hopefully buying cuter bras and not just functionality
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Biggest hope was I would be hot. Biggest fear was I wouldn't be hot. Reality is that hot is subjective. Some think I am, some think I'm not. Eh, whatever.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    I feel like in my mind it still won't be enough. I've been working so hard for so long, the mental part is harder than the physical. IMO